+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear Question from returning level 50 player

Plane Walker

Default Gear Question from returning level 50 player

So, I played pretty hard from release for about 5 months (about mid-2011.) I've decided to try the game again, so I was wondering if there is anything special I should do regarding gear right away, or...if I should just solo-quest myself to new green gear? Obviously, my previously decent purple gear is barely making a scratch in the new expansion zones!

Anyway, I found plenty of guides on fixing my specs/macros/etc., and I see item information for end game; however, I wasn't sure if there was something quick/easy I could do to make the first few levels past 50 faster/easier. Right now I'm sturdy as a bull, but mobs taking forever to kill.

Thanks!

My advice would be to quest into better greens/blues.

It'll seem like things take forever to kill for now, but that will get much better once you get a few upgrades. Storm Legion mobs seem to have very high HP at first but you'll get them down eventually and their HP pools don't scale all that much after level 51 or so,

As a bit of a side note: Do some carnage/onslaught quests to get some empyrean sourcestones and planarite. Then visit the Adventure Dealer in Tempest Bay to pick up some pretty decent gear as well.

Shadowlander

I found the NB/RS build to be great for levelling, hardly died at all

As for gear, just questing and picking up quest greens and blues should be okay, it depends on how geared you were at 50 but you could look at the AH and maybe pick up some greens or blues if its really taken too long

+ Reply to Thread