+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tac Torrent Nerf

Soulwalker

Default Tac Torrent Nerf

Couldn't you have made it to where you had to spec tac to use healing or damage instead of just killing torrents in one swift blow? It is a ROGUE after all. This was beyond nerf (1-5%) This was a killing of a role. I never wanted to heal with it and built accordingly.

Shield of Telara

Tact was supposed to be a support role from the start, except its healing sucked and its dps was beyond rediculous. Rogues got a ton of luv this patch... be thankful.

Rift Disciple

Those Torrents were about the only reason people were purchasing that soul to begin with, it is now no longer worth the credits.

The damage was not over the top, in fact it was an annoyance in PVP at best, heals sucked but who levels a Rogue to heal?

Not many!

So in essence in doing what they did, they kicked the many and catered to the few, that's some business strategy. I believe its the same one Blizzard uses and they are hemorrhaging customers.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 08-14-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Tact was a support soul that was without competition the top AE spec in the game on >5 targets.... spamming 1.5 skills... Rogues would put out 2.. 3 times as much damage as ANY other role in the game on big AE fights (e.g. port scion, stacked invasions). It would take two dedicated wardens to generate the HPS to counter a single tact AE DPS.

Torrents were broken..

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    Tact was supposed to be a support role from the start, except its healing sucked and its dps was beyond rediculous. Rogues got a ton of luv this patch... be thankful.
    And it's healing still sucks...and the dps got fixed.

What made the dps ridiculous to start was the rotation that allowed you to essentially ignore the limitation on the number of ticks. He fixed that and made it 8 targets only.

Now the damage is nerfed BUT the healing is still broken because the base mechanic is still broken.

One could also argue SERIOUSLY the whole "support" thing since if you watch the reveal video they talk about hybrids being viable AoE dps and raid healers. The build was viable AoE dps....now it is neither so the spec is basically a mess if you want to min/max.

People don't get what support is. You are NOT support if you can heal and dps. You are support if you substantially make everyone else better (bard, archon, BM). If you are dps or heals you are expected to do so well. Now it arguably can not dps well and it heals even worse due to the mechanic. So please tell me how it is to support?
    Last edited by Galibier; 08-14-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Soulwalker

So rogues have no good AoE specs now?

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    Tact was a support soul that was without competition the top AE spec in the game on >5 targets.... spamming 1.5 skills... Rogues would put out 2.. 3 times as much damage as ANY other role in the game on big AE fights (e.g. port scion, stacked invasions). It would take two dedicated wardens to generate the HPS to counter a single tact AE DPS.

Torrents were broken..
    No one used Tactician for support as far as I know, and if Trion wants us to use it as support more than likely no one will use it anymore. For the most part I've only been using Tacman in raids and soloing. In raids I've seen warriors and mages have no problem keep up with me or exceed me in AOE dps. For invasions Saboteur does far more damage, so nerfing it for that reason is pointless.

I suppose the nature of the torrents them selves can lead to higher dps do to there 30m cone like damage area. They can hit far more mobs a lot of the time than AOE that just lands in a circle.

I haven't had time to log in yet, so what is the actual percentage of nerf anyways?

Tact is still good Aoe just not the old Tactman spec.
    Rebooting initiated... Loading Crayons 2.0

No need for the doom and gloom, tact-mm still performs admirably on Matriarch. It's AoE is still good enough for most purposes and if you want true AoE, 1 button 61 saboteur is even easier than tact-mm.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

Quote Originally Posted by tekblk View Post
    tact is still good aoe just not the old tactman spec.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by erct657 View Post
    and if you want true AoE, 1 button 61 saboteur is even easier than tact-mm.
    Not this
    Last edited by Subakna; 08-14-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Telaran

Default re

Rogues would put out 2.. 3 times as much damage as ANY other role in the game on big AE fights (e.g. port scion, stacked invasions)
    Exaggerate flat out wrong much? Yeah, thought so.

Rift Disciple

If Trion has any integrity they will offer refunds to whom ever purchased the Tac soul pre-nerf it would be the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Subakna View Post
    This

Not this
    Why not? The vast majority of people play Tact-MM for damage. It's damage has been reduced. 1 Button Sab is an easy way to do dps. Yes, you can use a priority system/rotation and manage when you drop bombs/blow up charges, however the reward for the amount of effort isn't as great in AoE (which I am assuming we are talking about as the original topic is in reference to torrents) as it is in ST. I used to play Sab with 10 buttons (back in 1.11). Now I play it with either 10 buttons or 3 buttons.

And yes, I know you can use 54sab-22sin or 22BD and they work well as well. However, if you want something simple, 61 sab works pretty much just as well for the vast majority of people's purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    If Trion has any integrity they will offer refunds to whom ever purchased the Tac soul pre-nerf it would be the right thing to do.
    Lol. You're join date is pre-SL. You want a refund as well I'm assuming?

It's not the end of the world to have the play style changed (which it wasn't if you play tact-mm. Virtually the same rotation, just a couple of macros where the torrents used to be on your hotbar. Oh noes!).

Also, what about the upcoming purifier changes? Those are way bigger than the tactician changes. Should Trion refund people to whomever purchased Rift pre-change?

Telaran

So what's with the people claiming things with no builds, rotations, or parses to back up their statements?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast