+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Thank you for making Tactician EXACTLY how i wanted it :D

Default Thank you for making Tactician EXACTLY how i wanted it :D

Trion really did a good job with this update, aside from buffing my 3 favorite dps roles to make them superior in every way to ranged for people who are good at them, they REALLY fixed Tact today. Making Torrent Primer up for 60 seconds, nerfing torrent damage, AND making rays/Curative blast remove Torrent Overload saved this spec. Used to be just spamming torrentx4>primer, now the soul has so much more mobility with the Engines being off GCD and toggled, Cores not overwriting each other, and last but not least, healing buffs AND Restorative Bolt can be used on yourself. Thanks TRION!

Telaran

Default re

Just curious. Exactly when/where do you plan to use your new favorite role?
    Raids? Which bosses and what tactics?
    Solo?
    Pvp?

PVP WOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOO!
    Even free cost too much now

Not really digging the engines since I feel compelled to macro Empyrean into my core and make it clunky and cost a ton more energy, /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomin View Post
    Trion really did a good job with this update, aside from buffing my 3 favorite dps roles to make them superior in every way to ranged for people who are good at them, they REALLY fixed Tact today. Making Torrent Primer up for 60 seconds, nerfing torrent damage, AND making rays/Curative blast remove Torrent Overload saved this spec. Used to be just spamming torrentx4>primer, now the soul has so much more mobility with the Engines being off GCD and toggled, Cores not overwriting each other, and last but not least, healing buffs AND Restorative Bolt can be used on yourself. Thanks TRION!
    So a soul plays the way you want it to BUT may now not do enough damage or healing to be worth bringing along. Yep this a win alright /facepalm.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

I have to admit tact is more fun to play again. Was on pts last night respecing and testing like mad and def more to do than just spamming torrents and dropping stacks. 44tact builds made a comback.

Shadowlander

This might sound really weird, but i was getting MORE dps doing the old rotation. Spamming torrents and only refreshing torrent primer when it was going to drop. I did this on the PTS 2 weeks ago? Going to have to do more testing, but after 4 torrents using a Emp bolt than a Ray resulted in less DPS, than spamming torrents.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    So a soul plays the way you want it to BUT may now not do enough damage or healing to be worth bringing along. Yep this a win alright /facepalm.
    Ya, agree. Not sure what he is excited about. The new changes make "sense", but the dps dropped like 2k+?

Wow, I really can't believe people are actually whining about this "nerf" this was obviously intended to be a fix, not a nerf. I was trying a few specs last night, such as, 61TAC/15MM or 58TAC/18MM, and a few combos with bard. I used the 58/18 spec so I would still have Restorative bolt, which is really OP now, and get the first Munitions buff and some extra damage from MM, the spec worked VERY well in both DPS and healing and 44TAC/32MM comes way ahead of it in straight DPS. For example, I did 14.5k on the last boss of TDQ last night with the hybrid spec, which is only 5-6k behind what I'm doing in Sin or NB on that boss. Well, probably more now with the buffs to those souls, but that's not the point. The point is, Tactician is living up to its name, and making people THINK before they use an ability, instead of ******s spamming 4 torrents then torrent primer. That's not fun at all. Now, here's another example of why Tact was not nerfed yesterday, it was fixed:

Old Tact;
    Glacial torrent to 7 stacks> spam torrents back and forth to 4 stacks of expanded torrents > empyrean bolt>primer>spam torrents >E. Bolt > E. Ray .... (****, gotta use this broken mechanic, Curative Core, so I don't have 20seconds of no Energy, and I'm about to overwrite power core that I used 5 seconds ago, oh well..) > torrentx4 > primer... Rinse and repeat.

My experience playing the new Tact for one day;
    Glacial to 7 stacks > infernal > glacial > infernal > E.bolt >Primer>torrentx4 > bolt> Toggle Necrotic Engine > Empyrean ray > infernal bolt > necrotic bolt > toggle Curative engine, rinse and repeat

Now, that is just for straight DPS, I didn't mention how nice it is to have a LEGIT heal, in Restorative bolt, as a builder, and an even more legit healing finisher along with the other healing buffs we got. We can also now drop curative/fortification/necrotic cores whenever we want without having to worry about overwriting power core so we won't be starved. This spec is the funnest rogue spec to play right now, and I used to hate it due to it being so broken.

So what if its not the top AoE spec? And @ whoever was asking what situation I'd use this spec in. I will use it in any raid fight, any expert even though I was queued as dps (actually did this last night in unhallowed boneforge, had the healer die at the start of the 4th boss, and easily healed the rest.) And deffinately for PVP or solo, with the new Restorative bolt mechanic, I can solo the Lanceri quest in crater, which I could never do even with my bladedancer/riftstalker spec, and also easily solo all the other group dailies there. No matter how many invasions are on me I can heal through it and kill them now, and this is with just 61tac/15MM. Imagine putting points into Riftstalker?

I will use this spec on any fight other than Kain and do more than pull my weight. 15k dps is more than what most people do as pure dps roles, and, with the extra bonuses, is definitely more helpful to a raid than 21k dps. Not saying I won't play other roles, but this spec has its place in any raid, which it didn't before. It was just a spec for ******s to burn down a lot of things fast.

The ONE thing I hate about this change is the engines.. I wish there was a way to macro them to make one toggle then automatically switch to the other one after a set time like they had macros in FFXI. Last night I kept trying to switch for every finisher and it just wasn't happening. Tried switching before every empyrean ray, and then switch back, which, most of the time worked, but in every fight I seemed to slip up at least once and either click engine twice and not have it at all, or use a primer before I untoggled it and made me feel like I lost dps. If anyone has any suggestions about how to easily switch I'd really appreciate it.

All that aside, I don't think anyone is going to read this whole post, but that's how I feel about it. Thanks again Trion.

Would you mind sharing your 44tact/32mm build? I was a fairly new 60 prior to this patch and hadn't spent much time with tact. Now I would like to figure it out for most of the reasons you mentioned. Seems like it might be much less annoying to play now.
    Rianeth (Rogue), Riawyn (Mage), Riawen (Cleric) @ Faeblight
    Tractus Apparatus

Yeah, I really wish Engines were kept as stances rather than something you supposed to switch CONSTANTLY by just macro'ing them into all of your abilities, really not enjoying that, the macro makes everything clunky since you can't queue abilities with them and costs way more energy.

They should be like 10 second cooldown stances that change your playstyle/role a little bit. Like the way Necrotic Engine works, nerfing Torrent dmg for Ray dmg. Resto Engine could nerf Dmg a bit and buff healing, or add a HoT proc to Curative Torrent. Curative Engine could be the torrent stance with the self healing, and Empyrean.... I'm not quite sure what Empyrean should even be..

Also, it would be nice if Necrotic Core proc'd a snare so it had some utility besides just being an "ok ish" DoT, like each tic could proc a 5% snare that stacks up to 6 times and lasts 5 seconds, that would be pretty good.
    Last edited by Drynaut; 08-15-2013 at 04:12 PM.

If i exclude tacmen for healing purposes that are never wanted in a raid situation except for the "Tacbard" its dps is still inferior in terms of AOE dps....

i still havent found any new spec that rumors around the forum but anything similiar to 41/35 is worse than the old spec..its true you do still more AOE dps with 5 torrents>bolt> primer rinse and repeat even with the new changes...

However, 44/32 is just for energy alteration to be more mobil(rays can be cast instant)) IF the new mechanics would work better than before.....but they don't..at least not in that 41-44tac/32-35 MM spectrum...
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Is sab now our best aoe build? trying to figure out which one i need to focus on for aoe now. been trying that out but don't know how it compares to tact since i never did like tact or get it set up.

is tact/bard going to be of more interest again now? Or will it still lose out to "no orchestra and it's just lots of trickle healing that hurts the healers"
    Rianeth (Rogue), Riawyn (Mage), Riawen (Cleric) @ Faeblight
    Tractus Apparatus

Quote Originally Posted by Zarielle View Post
    Is sab now our best aoe build? trying to figure out which one i need to focus on for aoe now. been trying that out but don't know how it compares to tact since i never did like tact or get it set up.

is tact/bard going to be of more interest again now? Or will it still lose out to "no orchestra and it's just lots of trickle healing that hurts the healers"
    Focus on sab and anything thats going to be new in consideration of tac aoe builds..maybe someone will find a solution...

however the fights that needed aoe are gelidra hm,(tacman) twins(tacman,sab) matriarch (tacman) and ultane (tacmen)

you will now ,until someday when any new spec is invented, use the same specs on those bosses..they won't be superior but still decent...

p.s.: maybe you will need to play sth different on ultane in the future

for any other content below that you can play what you want
    Last edited by Nynja; 08-15-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Telaran

Full Nb should work pretty well on a 2 tank Twins. Nb/Sin shouldn't be bad either if you don't have a champ putting up the crit debuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast