+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: Curative Torrent

Default Curative Torrent

I'm a little confused about this skill since I've read so many times that in the right situation the healing output is crazy, but I don't see it, even with torrent primer it still does less HPS or about the same as Resto Engine, and RE has no penalties Torrent has... so what's the point?

Also the target limit is confusing, does it actually only hit 2 allies like it seems to say in the tooltip?

The only thing I can think of is the tact crystal adding 100+ adds to each tic which makes the healing decent, but even then with all the limitations it has it should be by far the strongest heal.

I know it's getting buffed on the PTS so another question, anyone know by how much exactly? I'm hoping it's substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynaut View Post
    Also the target limit is confusing, does it actually only hit 2 allies like it seems to say in the tooltip?
    No.

It hits all allies that are in the torrent. Each person that's hit also "branches" off a heal to two other nearby allies.

So, if you're hitting three people that are stacked up, they'll each get healed by the torrent and take 4 extra ticks from the other two people's branching heals. With 8 people stacked up, each of them will get 14 branching ticks.

Healing Torrent has maximum 70 hits: 10*7 tics;each tic heals additional 2 allies near the hit ally. I don`t know if Healing Torrent can hit more than 10 targets at the same time if not you will have to cancel it after you hit the maximum hits in a raid with more than 10 people.

In T2 test gear in the Dummy Foundry you will hit for over 500 per hit 500*3*10*7= 105k heal with 10 people in hit range over 3sec without crits.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 08-12-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    No.

It hits all allies that are in the torrent. Each person that's hit also "branches" off a heal to two other nearby allies.

So, if you're hitting three people that are stacked up, they'll each get healed by the torrent and take 4 extra ticks from the other two people's branching heals. With 8 people stacked up, each of them will get 14 branching ticks.

Awww, ok, so it's like a multiplicative chain like stormcaller's 61 skill?

The tooltip description is TERRIBLE then lol.

It can hit infinite targets, like how the damage torrents used to work before they were changed. From what I remember it maxes out at 100 hits per channel (don't think that includes branching)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    It can hit infinite targets, like how the damage torrents used to work before they were changed. From what I remember it maxes out at 100 hits per channel (don't think that includes branching)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailion
    There is a limit to the number of ticks Torrents can trigger over the duration of the channel.

Curative Torrent: 100 ticks, not including the additional chain heals.

All other Torrents: 50 ticks.

If you hit 20 man you will have to cancel it after 2 sec.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 08-13-2013 at 04:22 AM.

I'm a little confused about this skill since I've read so many times that in the right situation the healing output is crazy, but I don't see it, even with torrent primer it still does less HPS or about the same as Resto Engine, and RE has no penalties Torrent has... so what's the point?

The only thing I can think of is the tact crystal adding 100+ adds to each tic which makes the healing decent, but even then with all the limitations it has it should be by far the strongest heal.

I know it's getting buffed on the PTS so another question, anyone know by how much exactly? I'm hoping it's substantial.
    It's not meant to be a full healer soul, simply support. It's strength lies in being able to rapidly heal small amounts on a HUGE amount of people. That's what makes it so good. Of course, it won't stack up to a Cleric's single target heals.

Awww, ok, so it's like a multiplicative chain like stormcaller's 61 skill?
    Or Pool of Restoration in torrent form. :P

But yeah, the description is a bit vague. I first thought it meant that it only heals 3 people, and that those branch out on 3 additional people (for a total of 9) but that didn't fit with the incredible amount of healing I could actually do with it. :P

This really needs to change. Maybe call it curative cascade and simply make it an AoE pulse centered on a targeted point like Inquis CoB. ATM though it is not the throughput that makes it an issue, it's the mechanic. You could quite literally be the best video game player in history and if the people you are with can not stack or simply don't do so the ability is wasted. I do not think I have ever seen an ability in an MMO where the prime factor on performance was NOT the person playing the character in question but others instead.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    This really needs to change. Maybe call it curative cascade and simply make it an AoE pulse centered on a targeted point like Inquis CoB. ATM though it is not the throughput that makes it an issue, it's the mechanic. You could quite literally be the best video game player in history and if the people you are with can not stack or simply don't do so the ability is wasted. I do not think I have ever seen an ability in an MMO where the prime factor on performance was NOT the person playing the character in question but others instead.
    It does seem a bit too niche.

The multiplicative nature of the aoe makes it even worse actually, since it grows exponentially stronger as an aoe the more people are stacked which makes it complete trash when there isn't enough people.

It should've just been like the other torrents w/o the bouncing effect and made stronger, or make it primarily a HoT stacking ability so you can paint people with it and have a reason to use it often.

What's funny is I thought about suggesting to make it a chain heal before I even knew it did do small bouncing heals, but make it so basically it only hits 1 other ally at a time but then bounces up to 10 people pretty far, or something like that, make the bolt look like RestoBolt and have it fire every 0.5 seconds.

Perhaps it would be better at 5 people cap and made pretty strong, then you would have Resto Engine spam for 10 person healing, and torrent for stronger 5 person aoe healing, so they all have a place. Chain heals tend to be small target cap strong aoe's anyway.

I still like my idea of having Curative Torrent stacks that get spent on people for bonus healing so it's more of a burst heal that you do once in a while rather than something you spam.
    Last edited by Drynaut; 08-14-2013 at 04:41 AM.

Why is being better at healing 20 people than 5 a bad thing? It works great for Warden.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Why is being better at healing 20 people than 5 a bad thing? It works great for Warden.
    Warden doesn't require people to be stacked in the exact same place, and it scales linearly rather than exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Warden doesn't require people to be stacked in the exact same place, and it scales linearly rather than exponentially.
    This, the way torrent is, is just WAY too situational.

Im going to go find a guild on zaviel progression and see what it is capable of now... Lol

+ Reply to Thread