+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elite soloing build?

Default Elite soloing build?

My rogue is currently level 50, I was trying to clean some of the level 50 shimmersand quests before going to SL areas. I've been able to solo most of it (I'm using tactician-marksman with a few points in RS), but the rift closing quests in Dunes of Akala... the last boss of the rift obliterates me.

I've tried with a bard build, a tank build, a ranger build, but I'm unable to beat it. Do we have a build that enable us to solo big elites? I remember doing these kind of things with chloro-ele on my mage (during launch time). It was slow, but safe. My ranger pet is too squishy to keep alive (maybe with ranger-bard?)

Any help with big elite soloing? I have no problem soloing "normal" elites (those with 20k or so) with my tactician build, but I can't with these last rift bosses

Thanks!

Champion of Telara

Those Rifts were never designed to be solo'd if i remember correctly.

The most success i've had solo with my rogue on things like that is a high sin build with 15 pt tactician and Bladedancer 0 point. You basicly need to get the boss down before sidesteps runs out but leaching poison and the tact hp regen on hit will help you out a little if you dont quite do it. You could try gamble and use flat out MM and just go for a "who dies first" method but i think they would have a lil too much hp for that.

I've always found that rogues just dont have as much solo ability on high level stuff as my mage does but lets face it, chloro-harb is stupidly OP as far as any sort of solo play is concerned.

I would give something like this a shot - it's pretty close to what I use for soloing, scaled down to level 50. Stalker Phase + Leeching Poison + Curative Engine + Vampiric Essence (if you have it) will help keep you alive reasonably well, though you might struggle a little without Defer Death and Planar Rejuvenation (that's why I threw in Enduring Brew for an extra "Oh Crap" button).

You could drop points from Sin, but you would need to gimp Leeching Poison and Serrated Blades to get enough points for 41 RS at level 50, significantly hurting your DPS.

But yeah, Rogues kinda lack the amazing self-heals to ever quite reach immortality. Remember that SL starter gear will make a world of difference, though, due to the massive stat jump they have over Old World stuff.

Plane Touched

I found success at those rift bosses with a bard build. But I also didn't do it at level 50. At 54 you get Multiple Oscillations, which triples your healing input. I just made sure to not do anything to kill the bosses little minions, and I could leech a bunch of extra health from them.

Thanks all for your suggestion, i'll give them a go

+ Reply to Thread