+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassinate.

Champion of Telara

Default Assassinate.

Disclaimer: my rogue is a pretty fresh alt, sub 3k AP PvE and sub 2k AP PvP. Correct me if I'm wrong with any of this at high gear levels.

Am I the only one who thinks this ability is completely underwhelming in both PvE and PvP? I love that Jagged and Paralyzing Strike are both situational, but when exactly would I use assassinate? It does less than half of Jagged and only has one chance to crit and doesn't even deal double Paralyzing Strikes damage with the only added effect being ignored armor.

Suggestions:

-In stealth blink strike. Keep the damage, remove positioning req, add a 50% snare for 3 seconds and have it blink you to your target. This is obviously a PvP oriented change, although it would have its uses in PvE too.

-Change the armor ignore to all attacks ignore 30-100% (don't know how much of an effect it would have so random number) of armor for 4-10 seconds after hitting a target with assassinate.

-Assassinate refreshes all damage over time effects from the rogue.

-Assassinate can be used on targets under 20-30% health without stealth, 6-10 second cooldown.

-Assassinate gains 100% crit chance and 30-60% crit damage bonus on targets below 30%.

Not asking for EVERYTHING LISTED, just throwing some ideas out. It could use something, anything really. I'd love to see it used more often.

I don't use it, ever. It's pretty pointless. If I really, really want to kill someone, I'll do js-backstab/ss-puncture-impale-tod-js-backstab-fb and save fp for whenever i feel i need it. i don't always use impale or tod/js again, only when i feel like someone is going to take longer than a few hits to kill.

all 3 dots ticking and js ticking for 15 seconds hurts, assassinate doesn't really fit in anywhere since after a few ticks js has already done more damage and then some.

a much higher chance for it to crit or a higher chance for the the following 2 or 3 attacks to crit might make it worthwhile i guess, but honestly i don't really know how to fix it without making it an iwin button because if it does a ton of damage and you can just tod/js right after it or slip away/assassinate again, you're going to be really wrecking people since there's no cd on it at the moment. you'll have good rogues popping in the middle of a group and dropping people before they know what happens if they want to blow all their cd's.

Champion of Telara

I'm thinking the best solution would be to give it a pretty massive sub 20% HP damage bonus, or a decent damage bonus on 50% or below. It's actually pretty surprising that assassin has no execute type mechanic.

Rift Chaser

Make it a one shot skill on a 5 minute cooldown. That will at least correspond correctly with the name. ;P

Soulwalker

It should be reworked completely and be made to be usable out of stealth when your target is below 35% health or something similar. Maybe 5 sec cool down. Raise the damage somewhat. Then the name would make more sense to me.

+ Reply to Thread