+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seeking build input

Plane Touched

Default Seeking build input

Hello, I've been thinking about the bard in a different way recently.

Normally when I'm barding I presume that I'll also be healing. So I go at least 54 points to get MO and take all of the healing-related options. A build along these lines (although I don't recall exactly): http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#wn0/vkH5iFlaGBh0/A90

Now I've been curious what Bard would look like if I aimed for ST DPS as the top priority, although still keeping most of the support-related abilities.

I'm thinking about this for most of the points: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#vkhkkEkkG8/Akx24
    But even in that case, would it be better to go 5 points Nightblade for AP or 5 points Assasin/Ranger for Crit (which would synergize with MM's Increased Fire Power)?

Or is there a better way to achieve higher ST DPS?

Thanks for the suggestions!

PS, I've tried to run both versions and test but I haven't been satisfied that I'm getting reasonable numbers even after 5 minutes.

What you can expect from a raid-geared bard over a 5 min fight for single-target only is around 11-12k. Same gear level for a DPS'er is going ot be in 20+k range every time.

What do you want to do with the spec? PvE, PvP or open world?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    What you can expect from a raid-geared bard over a 5 min fight for single-target only is around 11-12k. Same gear level for a DPS'er is going ot be in 20+k range every time.

What do you want to do with the spec? PvE, PvP or open world?
    Just playing around with the bard. Normally when I bard I go for healing, so it's 54 points to get MO and two other specs with +AP.

So I started to think to myself, what if I focused on damage instead of healing?

My first build had a +25% increase in damage, and the only meaningful group support I lost was anthem of fervor. So I'm curious how far I could push it, but I've never really thought about this before. I don't have experience weighing things like +dex vs +crit vs +AP vs +damage, conditional/occasional benefits (like crits give +AP), etc. And I haven't been satisfied with my attempts to track damage over an extended time on a dummy.

I would imagine it would be used open world in things like zone events, strongholds, etc.

+ Reply to Thread