+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Matuse
  • 2 Post By Rounded
  • 1 Post By Solitary Confinement

Thread: 60 Bow Help

Default 60 Bow Help

So, I'm approaching 60 fast on my Rogue and am trying to do some research on Bows so that I don't waste a lot of gold or resources on Bow X only to find out I could have gotten Bow Z instead and it's much better.

Using Rifthead, because I don't know where else to look stuff up, I've found a couple interesting bows, but of course Rifthead has no data on where or how to obtain 95% of the items.

Ascended's Sublime Boltslinger/Bow/Longbow/Etc. 319.6 DPS despite using searches and even Magelo I can't find out where this is from. Bow of Twisted Souls is the same DPS and seems to be crafted. If the Ascended's Sublime is cheaper somehow, I'd like to know.

I can buy a Hardened Madrosa Striker on AH for cheap, so is it worth getting the Warlord's Recurve Bow for PvP points given it's only 10 DPS higher and lacks a lot of the Dex and such of the Hardened Madrosa Striker? Also requires me to level up from my currently capped level 50 Prestige to 80, which could take a few days.

Advice? Is there perhaps some Gun I'm overlooking that might be better? I have Transfiguration Baubles after all.

I'd like to avoid Drops because I'be never done much raiding and dungeon play and those are still so hit-and-miss on if they even drop. I'd like to have something waiting for me at 60 if possible, and something that's as good as I can get.

Thanks in advance.

The Ascended's bows are just vendor items but cost a pretty significant amount of Frozen Eclipse stones which you can't really afford as a fresh 60.

Obviously the best choice is Bow of Twisted Souls but we're talking about several thousand plats for it.

Personally, back in the day, once I was 60 I immediately bought a Hardened Madrosa Striker since its the best thing you can get outside of dungeons and raids. Then you can just farm dungeons for Pachis/Manglsaughters/Tempest flint blaster (first 2 dropping from golem foundry iirc).

I don't understand why you mention transfiguration baubles tbh.

Wipe Inc - Zaviel
    4/4, 5/5, 4/4, 1/3

Hardened Striker, as weapon DPS will be the biggest upgrade between tiers of weapons. Do the fine tuning of less significant stats later on.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Hardened Striker, as weapon DPS will be the biggest upgrade between tiers of weapons. Do the fine tuning of less significant stats later on.
    I second that. Just slap a 300req nimble aug on it, the whole thing costs under 100p. Ranger is also by far the highest DPS I was able to put out as a fresh 60, partly because of the bow's DPS.
    Last edited by Soboboo; 08-10-2013 at 04:59 AM.

Plane Touched

I don't understand why you mention transfiguration baubles tbh.
    Because if there's a better stat gun, he could use the bauble to turn it into a bow.

The guns in Rift are...really ugly, animate poorly, and sound tinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Because if there's a better stat gun, he could use the bauble to turn it into a bow.

The guns in Rift are...really ugly, animate poorly, and sound tinny.
    I turned my annoying "bang bang bang bang bang" into a bow on the first day we got the baubles. It actually made my gameplay more enjoyable.

You guys are SO right about the guns.

Thanks all for the information, at least I have a game plan now.

Yeah, I try to stay away from guns. Bows sounds much more roguey. :P "Swoosch"

+ Reply to Thread