+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any good tanking addons?

Soulwalker

Default Any good tanking addons?

Specifically is their a tanking addon to show who has aggro and you click on the person who has aggro and you taunt whoever is attacking them? But im opening to anything!

Target of target will show you who is currently receiving attention from from your target. This also shows as a red border around the raid frame.

This is what I use to determine who has aggro even though it doesn't (100% of the time) actually mean you have lost threat.

As for addons, I use the ubiquitous Karuul Alert for raiding, and I have quite a few alerts specific to tanking:

- Certain debuffs and their stacks for tank swaps
    - All taunts (for all class types) with the caster shown so I can see who's taunt is active on the target
    - An alert with a timer for Planar Vortex being active
    - Some other encounter-specific alerts

For a taunt macro I use:

Code:
    #show instigate
    cast @mouseover instigate
    This allows me to place my mouse cursor over any hostile unit and taunt it without losing my primary target.

My best advice for gather adds that may have targeted a raid member is to try and hit them with your Planar Vortex and Planar Splash.

Soulwalker

Default RE

The mouse over, noob question but is that the actual NPC or the portrait?

Rift Master

I use KBM with the tank-swap anchor. KAlert is good for progression if KBM hasn't' been updated for the particular raid boss yet. Otherwise, the tank swap anchor will tell you which tank the boss is currently focused on, and the number of important stacks on all tank, and how much time is left on each.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Noobishrogue View Post
    The mouse over, noob question but is that the actual NPC or the portrait?
    The actual NPC. Use @mouseoverui if you're going for portraits (ie. healing from raid frames).

Soulwalker

How's KBM Tank swag in experts? I raid but i do the expert from time to time

There are no tank swaps in experts...

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    The actual NPC. Use @mouseoverui if you're going for portraits (ie. healing from raid frames).
    @mouseover works with both unit frames and the actual mob/player graphic. @mouseoverui, however, is restricted to unit frames.

+ Reply to Thread