+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What r the highest DPS and HPS builds for raiding as a Bard?

Default What r the highest DPS and HPS builds for raiding as a Bard?

I play a Bard and was trying find out what builds I should be using while raiding. Some fights my main focus goes from HPS to DPS. Buff and Debuff are always my main goal, and are always done. What builds do the highest DPS and what builds do the highest HPS? And also what builds do both the highest. There are lots of links out there saying this one is better than this one. I would just like to know what ones really are the best.
    Rogue: DPS, Bard
    4/4 TDQ, 4/4 FT, 5/5 EE, 2/4 GA, 2/3 IG, 1/5 PB

Same for each basically due to the AP scaling. You can tweak things to be more heal heavy but that last time I checked it was sub 5% more healing with a larger hit for dps.

Wither the 1.11/SL changes to bard there really is no "heal" spec and "dps" spec. It is designed to support both so a rounded build is more preferable. The point is to be able to swap dynamically between each function mid fight...not lock yourself in to one or the other before the pull.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

That is what I thought. So I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing. Thanks for confirming that for me.
    Rogue: DPS, Bard
    4/4 TDQ, 4/4 FT, 5/5 EE, 2/4 GA, 2/3 IG, 1/5 PB

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sapperthing View Post
    I play a Bard and was trying find out what builds I should be using while raiding. Some fights my main focus goes from HPS to DPS. Buff and Debuff are always my main goal, and are always done. What builds do the highest DPS and what builds do the highest HPS? And also what builds do both the highest. There are lots of links out there saying this one is better than this one. I would just like to know what ones really are the best.
    10 mm and either 5nb or 5 rs. Difference in healing is non-existent and dps different is non-material.

Plane Touched

You definitely can get a meaningful increase in DPS if you're willing to go 44 into Bard.

Try a build like this, you should see an DPS increase around 20-25% over full Bard:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Akx24/vkhkGk4kG8/wg

You're obviously missing some (Orchestra, Verse of Joy, Healing) but you have most of the bard support abilities (all three anthems, both fanfares, all three motifs, all three debuff codas) and can do a full bard DPS rotation (Verse of Agony, Riff, Power Chord, Cadenza, Coda of Wrath, Virtuoso).

Your AoE DPS won't see as strong of an increase because you don't have MO, only Coda of Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    You definitely can get a meaningful increase in DPS if you're willing to go 44 into Bard.

Try a build like this, you should see an DPS increase around 20-25% over full Bard:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Akx24/vkhkGk4kG8/wg

You're obviously missing some (Orchestra, Verse of Joy, Healing) but you have most of the bard support abilities (all three anthems, both fanfares, all three motifs, all three debuff codas) and can do a full bard DPS rotation (Verse of Agony, Riff, Power Chord, Cadenza, Coda of Wrath, Virtuoso).

Your AoE DPS won't see as strong of an increase because you don't have MO, only Coda of Fury.
    This build is fine for PVP, but for a raid or dungeon, this build is a dps loss for the raid.

Plane Touched

True, the raid-wide DPS will drop by about 50% more than your increased DPS, due to loss of Orchestra of the Planes (presuming proper usage).

+ Reply to Thread