+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tactician and UI

Default Tactician and UI

So I have played rogue since beta and finally broke down and bought the expansion souls the other day.
    After reading guides and watching youtube videos I dropped my tanking spec (gears out of date anyway) and played as tact/mm for a couple days. One major issue is the number of buttons the spec requires, I actually had to add a 3rd row to my action bars and still can't seem to find everything when I need it.
    What I am wondering is how do you pro-tact's manage all of the $*(!$# buttons? I am a big fan of hotkeys and have a keyboard with programmable macro buttons but I still cant seem to cover everything. Is it that tacticians normally pick a function (e.g. healing, ranged dps, aoe dps etc) and only use the hotkeys for those? From what I can see the class is not macro friendly in any way.
    Blame it on my A.D.D baby, but this class seems to require me to stare at my hotbars constantly. Tips? Screenshot?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByCats View Post
    So I have played rogue since beta and finally broke down and bought the expansion souls the other day.
    After reading guides and watching youtube videos I dropped my tanking spec (gears out of date anyway) and played as tact/mm for a couple days. One major issue is the number of buttons the spec requires, I actually had to add a 3rd row to my action bars and still can't seem to find everything when I need it.
    What I am wondering is how do you pro-tact's manage all of the $*(!$# buttons? I am a big fan of hotkeys and have a keyboard with programmable macro buttons but I still cant seem to cover everything. Is it that tacticians normally pick a function (e.g. healing, ranged dps, aoe dps etc) and only use the hotkeys for those? From what I can see the class is not macro friendly in any way.
    Blame it on my A.D.D baby, but this class seems to require me to stare at my hotbars constantly. Tips? Screenshot?
    Hotbar:
    1. Glacial Torrent 2. Infernal Torrent 3. Empyrean Bolt 4. Torrent Primer 5. Necrotic Bolt 6. Empyrean Ray
    Hotkeys:
    Deaden, Infernal Beam, Curetive Core, Battle Remote/Power Core Macro

i would suggest going to the rogue guides section as there is a solid guide for tactman
    Grammar: The difference between knowing you're sh*t and knowing your sh*t...

Love the AWOL Nation comment there. One of my favorite songs.

The TT spec is a little hard to get used to. I have my 3 torrents on my first 3 hotkeys and have 4 as my builder macro which I also put my core drop in since its timer runs out right at cool down.if you use your torrents right you can almost forget about your rays. I usually do my builder macro, torrent rotation, finisher, rays while I'm letting my energy build, and start over.

Hope that helps.

Soulwalker

I am also playing a tactman what is damage based on for torrents stats? weapon damage? or ranged weapon damage?.

+ Reply to Thread