+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about MM abilities, Sentry Battery and Chain Destruction

Default Question about MM abilities, Sentry Battery and Chain Destruction

Firstly, does anyone actually use these abilities? or is spamming Lightning Fury and Fan Out better for DPS? Ive also noticed that Sentry Battery seems to really suck you dry of energy, but chain Destruction seems to use no energy at all (other than initial use of 48 energy).

I think the devs need to have a good look at these and work out if they cant be changed into something more productive.

Plane Walker

This is the guide section, you should post questions like this in the discussion section: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ue-discussion/

In any case, regarding your question, yes people do use them, they are much better than Lightning Fury and Fan Out.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...rm-legion.html

Quote from above guide:

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    AoE Rotation

AoEing as Marksman is simple. Use Sentry Battery once, then use it again. Interrupt the second channel of Sentry Battery with Chain Destruction when your energy drops below 50. If you can't get a good lineup on mobs, then just spam Chain Destruction instead of bothering with Sentry Battery.

Lightning Fury is also worth using if there are other people doing physical AoE damage.

If you're going to be single-targeting on the next pull, it can be worthwhile to store up 5 combo points for the next fight before killing the last mobs, so that you can get Shoot to Kill up right away.

Don't use Crossfire unless you need the knockback (and in general, the knockback is just going to annoy the tank. And don't use Fan Out, period.

Thanks for quick response!
    Have tried to edit original message apologizing for it being in wrong section and not knowing how to delete it. Guess I don't know how to edit either
    Happy for the moderators to delete or move post.

All I know is Sentry is really dissapointing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynaut View Post
    What are you talking about? It does a fair amount more DPS than Chain Destruction.

You are not using it correctly. Under the correct circumstances for use it is very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    You are not using it correctly. Under the correct circumstances for use it is very effective.
    I'm sure in a raid or something where there's a ton of mobs completely hunched together sure, I guess.

Every other part of the game it's just, pointless. And the effect itself was underwhelming, just shooting a dinky small hitbox arrow at something. For something named "Sentry Battery" I expected more oomph.

I'm sure in a raid or something where there's a ton of mobs completely hunched together sure, I guess.

Every other part of the game it's just, pointless. And the effect itself was underwhelming, just shooting a dinky small hitbox arrow at something. For something named "Sentry Battery" I expected more oomph.
    I use it all the time in experts. Just position yourself properly.

Ascendant

Sentry Battery is higher DPS.
    Use it correctly while clipping it with Chain Destruction to regen energy.

Funny thing is many people told OP their opinion on this matter and the OP seen to have his mind set on SB being worthless, no matter what people say.

Since you have no intention of learning how to play, might as well remove SB from your bar, and never ever use it ever again, and stay newb.

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Sentry Battery is higher DPS.
    Use it correctly while clipping it with Chain Destruction to regen energy.

Funny thing is many people told OP their opinion on this matter and the OP seen to have his mind set on SB being worthless, no matter what people say.

Since you have no intention of learning how to play, might as well remove SB from your bar, and never ever use it ever again, and stay newb.
    Drynaut is the one insisting it's useless, not the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Drynaut is the one insisting it's useless, not the OP.
    I said it's underwhelming, and useless outside of grouped pve.

Not everyone is a raider.

Anti-planar + onslaught dailies, target the main mob with SB; small ones usually run towards you and die fast because of this.

Highly useful as it is a targeted AoE. Also, it's still broken in a way that non-planar mobs will be hit with the same 200% damage bonus as long as the initial target is a planar mob.

RIFT Guide Writer

All MM aoe is underwhelming, SB is just a bit less underwhelming than the rest. All of them require 3 or more targets to even be a dps increase compared to single target dps. Fan Out is so bad it's worse than single target dps even when it's hitting its maximum of 5 targets.

Actually, you said it was pointless outside of raids, which is untrue. Like I said, it hits significantly harder than Chain Destruction (roughly 60% more damage, IIRC).
    Last edited by Muspel; 08-10-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Plane Walker

Since we're on the topic, does anyone know at how many mobs is it more worthwhile to use SB than ST rotation, and how many mobs for SB/CD rotation?

+ Reply to Thread