Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bard pvp

Soulwalker

Default bard pvp

is bard/RS still good for pvp and if yes can u link me a build plz

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by bodidharma View Post
    is bard/RS still good for pvp and if yes can u link me a build plz
    I asked this exact question a few weeks ago. The short answer is not really. Guardian phase has been nerfed to reduce healing done by non RS abilities by 30%. So the whole point of that spec (never ever dying while providing good heals) has been removed.

I currently use a bard/tact/rs spec that does very well in warfronts. Some hate on it, but in pvp its very effective. 44 bard, 28 tact, 4 rs. power chord/cadence spam. curative core / curative blast / motif of regen for ticking heals with coda of resto for main heals and to build up harmonic disto. Use Harmonic distortion for burst heals on carriers and whatnot. Good spec that routinely can top healing done charts and win games

Plane Touched

If you're going to bard in PvP, go at least 54 points Bard to get Multiple Oscillations.

Then make sure at least one of your supplementary souls has +AP, because a large majority of the bard's healing is based entirely on AP.

Try something like this:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t90/vkxkGliGFkg/A90

You could replace MM with NB, but MM gives you 5 meter longer reach and the the crit-based +AP will be on quite frequently.

Good luck!

Shadowlander

To be honest, anything with the word Bard + PVP do not go together. Bard healing is all trickle padded numbers. That is why it tops the meters and healing done but in reality that tinkle healing does nothing to help in PVP. The buffs are nice, like fervor!, but if it is not Black Garden not everyone is benefiting from the buff because of the range. It is kinda the same reason why people do not want a Bard in 5 man experts. 44/36 was a great spec when it was a bugged spec, but even then it was not an amazing heal spec in PVP because its all padded numbers/overheals in reality your not healing or fooling anyone.

Everyone has their own playstyle and what not, but that is my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Havec View Post
    To be honest, anything with the word Bard + PVP do not go together. Bard healing is all trickle padded numbers. That is why it tops the meters and healing done but in reality that tinkle healing does nothing to help in PVP. The buffs are nice, like fervor!, but if it is not Black Garden not everyone is benefiting from the buff because of the range. It is kinda the same reason why people do not want a Bard in 5 man experts. 44/36 was a great spec when it was a bugged spec, but even then it was not an amazing heal spec in PVP because its all padded numbers/overheals in reality your not healing or fooling anyone.

Bard works well in pvp. It is the best soul to protect against purge and the healing does count plus they are more difficult to kill than a warden IMO when stacking heals. Also no one ever looks for you since you don't have a blue bar.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Bard works well in pvp. It is the best soul to protect against purge and the healing does count plus they are more difficult to kill than a warden IMO when stacking heals. Also no one ever looks for you since you don't have a blue bar.
    Well like i said everyone has their play style, but as a team player man honestly 2 MM rogues > 1 Bard. The focus fire from 2 MM rogues can totally over power whatever a bard provides in PVP. You do bring up an excellent point about the purges, which is really true, hardest part is to make sure the whole team is there though! But when it comes to healing, you are not a cleric or a chloro. The only reason why the heals look impressive is because the other healers are keeping people alive and your there padding your numbers.

Its the same deal in 20 man raid it provides tons of support and a much needed spec. But in dungeons, PVP your kinda hurting the group.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I asked this exact question a few weeks ago. The short answer is not really. Guardian phase has been nerfed to reduce healing done by non RS abilities by 30%. So the whole point of that spec (never ever dying while providing good heals) has been removed.

I currently use a bard/tact/rs spec that does very well in warfronts. Some hate on it, but in pvp its very effective. 44 bard, 28 tact, 4 rs. power chord/cadence spam. curative core / curative blast / motif of regen for ticking heals with coda of resto for main heals and to build up harmonic disto. Use Harmonic distortion for burst heals on carriers and whatnot. Good spec that routinely can top healing done charts and win games
    any bard build below 54 points is pointless to bring to pvp. That is all.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Havec View Post

This is incorrect. If you are 54 points in and know what you are doing, you are actually providing good and effective healing while also significantly reducing incoming damage.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    This is incorrect. If you are 54 points in and know what you are doing, you are actually providing good and effective healing while also significantly reducing incoming damage.
    Still better off if you have that rogue go straight up DPS (MM). This is especially true if you have cleric or chloro heals already. This will be even more true after the upcoming buffs. If you don't DPS you are doin' it wrong.

Bard/tact used to be pretty decent for heals, but after the nerf (mainly to restorative engine) both souls are rather useless. And considering torrents are getting a huge nerf, this will put the nail in the coffin for tact as well. It will be as useless as sab.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Still better off if you have that rogue go straight up DPS (MM). This is especially true if you have cleric or chloro heals already. This will be even more true after the upcoming buffs. If you don't DPS you are doin' it wrong.
    Actually, no, you still want 1 bard per raid in PvP for the buffs including a 5% global damage reduction and they useful and effective healing. If there already isn't a bard, it will be more effective than MM can ever be on just about any WF map.

Bard/tact used to be pretty decent for heals, but after the nerf (mainly to restorative engine) both souls are rather useless. And considering torrents are getting a huge nerf, this will put the nail in the coffin for tact as well. It will be as useless as sab.
    This is incorrect. 54-61 bard builds are still extremely useful.

Shadowlander

Actually, no, you still want 1 bard per raid in PvP for the buffs including a 5% global damage reduction and they useful and effective healing. If there already isn't a bard, it will be more effective than MM can ever be on just about any WF map.

You know what, i did not think of the 5% buff at all. That is a really great point, but then again beside Black Garden all the other warfronts do not benefit from the buff since the maps are so big. I still believe that 2 MM > bard just because i experienced it, but that is just my bias haha. Often rarely though will you find a competitive bard in PVP who can play well sadly.

Soulwalker

any bard build below 54 points is pointless to bring to pvp. That is all.
    I dont know. I win far more games than I lose when i heal in 44 bard / 28 tact / 4 rs. Maybe its all coincidence or maybe its just my prestige level (55), but its been very effective for winning games for me.

Ill try going 54 bard to see the difference. Am I missing something about multiple oscillations? Does the cadence heal proc off of all three potential targets instead of just one? Honestly havent tried it yet

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I dont know. I win far more games than I lose when i heal in 44 bard / 28 tact / 4 rs. Maybe its all coincidence or maybe its just my prestige level (55), but its been very effective for winning games for me.

Ill try going 54 bard to see the difference. Am I missing something about multiple oscillations? Does the cadence heal proc off of all three potential targets instead of just one? Honestly havent tried it yet
    Exactly. 3x healing for Riff and Cadence, and the healing isn't subject to a 50% nerf like the damage.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    Exactly. 3x healing for Riff and Cadence, and the healing isn't subject to a 50% nerf like the damage.
    Jeebus! thats ludicrous haha. Ive heard 38 bard / 38 tact is better pvp healing? I usually dont go that far into tact

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    The secret to pro bard heals right here (riff isn't affected though)
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-09-2013 at 11:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast