+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about definitions.

Soulwalker

Default Questions about definitions.

I have several questions to wich i cannot find satisfying answers. Before i go and try to test it out my self im going to ask since testing takes time and if someone already went through the trouble why do it again :P

Is Cadenza/Cadence considered a damage over time?
    I mean technicly it is but if wether it is is handled by 1 varible for type or similarly its likely to "only" typed as channel/cast time ability.

Is decoy considered a pet?
    Would it benefit from points in ranger (gift)

How much is the procrate on weapon enhancments affected when you use ranged weapon attacks and why?

Is there anywhere with numbers on rogue abilities (coefficients and so on)?
    GrandLurker Moon, lurking rift since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneyes View Post

I mean technicly it is but if wether it is is handled by 1 varible for type or similarly its likely to "only" typed as channel/cast time ability.
    Its considered as a channel and not as a dot...

no it doesnt...pet is considered an npc contributing dmg he deals to you, but he benefits from debuffs on the boss like silvertip and static munitions

How much is the procrate on weapon enhancments affected when you use ranged weapon attacks and why?
    the same as for melee...but range in generel have lesser procs because of their lack of OGCD's and autoattcks...

i dont get this...do you meant anywho?
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    Its considered as a channel and not as a dot...
    Figured that was the case but never hurts to ask.

no it doesnt...pet is considered an npc contributing dmg he deals to you, but he benefits from debuffs on the boss like silvertip and static munitions
    Mayby i dont understand what you mean but wouldnt a normal ranger pet fit under the same definition?
    Also has this been tested or isit just assumed?

the same as for melee...but range in generel have lesser procs because of their lack of OGCD's and autoattcks...
    Autoattacks? the enhancments state "weapon ability attacks" is this not true?
    Lack of OGCDs? i wasnt aware there was that many for melee rogues.

i dont get this...do you meant anywho?
    Well, how much will X amount of AP increase the dmg on ability Y?
    GrandLurker Moon, lurking rift since March 2011

A pet is a pet when you sommon it like one and you can control it like all the pets we know so far in different callings...a decoy is just like a core from tactian with hp....or like the beacon from defiler..it gains no benefits from pet passives..you can test it..its not assumed...

the thing about the proc rate is simple..you many hits can you land with a melee in one minute and with a range?

you will see that MM f.e. has a lower amount of hits per minute..thats why it doesnt scale well with procs unlike assasin...you can compare it with simplemeter...we dont have that many OGCDS but the rate of autoattacks still differ...

i have no clue..you can test it by comparing a builder nacked in a 0/0/0 spec and add some gear to see whats the difference...some other guys in the forums have made some formulas about it.... maybe you can find some by searching but i am too lazy right now..

its sth like basedmg x (ap + weapondmg)..but i am not sure..
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

Defiler beacon actually counts as a full pet (including occupying the summoned pet slot). Decoy does not. However all pets contribute their damage to your total in the same manner (parsers can either include them in your total or show them separately).
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-05-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Defiler beacon actually counts as a full pet (including occupying the summoned pet slot). Decoy does not. However all pets contribute their damage to your total in the same manner (parsers can either include them in your total or show them separately).
    However decoy is unique in its way and does not profit from ranger passives if thats your question at OP..
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

Telaran

the thing about the proc rate is simple..you many hits can you land with a melee in one minute and with a range?

you will see that MM f.e. has a lower amount of hits per minute..thats why it doesnt scale well with procs unlike assasin...you can compare it with simplemeter...we dont have that many OGCDS but the rate of autoattacks still differ...
    Autoattacks don't proc poisons anyway.
    Last edited by Eilidh; 08-05-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Rift Master

Almost every proc was changed to weapon ability attacks to remove the variance of auto-attacks / weapon speed. That said, melee specs generally have 1 or 2 more OCD attacks compared to ranger/MM that'll lead to a few extra hits over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    Almost every proc was changed to weapon ability attacks to remove the variance of auto-attacks / weapon speed. That said, melee specs generally have 1 or 2 more OCD attacks compared to ranger/MM that'll lead to a few extra hits over time.
    just like that..with them come a few abilties that proc poison passive like living flame etc..
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

+ Reply to Thread