+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rounded

Thread: Strange Bard Issues

Default Strange Bard Issues

I've noticed a couple of issues that may not in fact be issues but since I can not for the life of me figure out what is going on, I thought I'd ask.

Anthem of Glory and Fervor. Sometimes while doing an event these Anthems will not stay up. I click Anthem of Glory and sometime in the next 2 or 3 minutes its unclicked and the buff is gone. Now if I reclick it, I get the buff back but don't appear to lose any other buffs. I'd understand if I was overwriting someone else's buff or vice versa but it doesn't appear like this is the case.

The other issue I see now and again is that some event bosses don't seem to like debuffs. I toss up cowardice, distress or jeopardy and they go up for all of 3 or maybe 4 seconds and then disappear. If the boss was immune to these debuffs I'd expect green immune to pop up on my screen but no such thing.

So... Ought I L2Play or is there something else I'm missing?

Event bosses are most likely debuffed by 20 other players at the same time because it's one of the easiest ways to tag it. Get KaruulAlert and make a set for showing all the debuffs from all 3 classes, you'll soon notice that they are there, just not yours.

Fervor is overwritten by chloromancers quite often. Glory, no idea why you'd use that as archon will strip it off of you. Use Competence, it's the best anyways.

Ascendant

What Rounded said.
    Your buffs are being overwritten since a similar or superior one is being utilized.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-stacking.html

This topic here is from Grinnz and shows all of the buffs/debuffs as well as their stacking group.
    Use it as a reference.

All anthems of the bard are useless, as soon as you have an archon and chloro, since they provide everything already.
    Previous Guild: Legit Shard: Gelidra Land: Deutschland

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hotandcold View Post
    All anthems of the bard are useless, as soon as you have an archon and chloro, since they provide everything already.
    Guess I learned something new today. Anthem of Competence, anyone?
    Trmo
    Rogue Peasant
    Last Dawn@Zaviel
    EE 5/5 | FT 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | GA 4/4 EU 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Hotandcold View Post
    I think you mean BM and chloro since those would actually cover the anthems, archon's runspeed is not 100% uptime especially when they are trying to max dps.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-05-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

The oddness with anthems I have noticed recently shows up most often in WFs where you rez frequently. For some reason my anthem will often appear toggled on, but when I check my buffs, it won't be active.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshalla View Post
    The oddness with anthems I have noticed recently shows up most often in WFs where you rez frequently. For some reason my anthem will often appear toggled on, but when I check my buffs, it won't be active.
    There was actually an attempted fix to this recently. In fact since the change I've been noticing the opposite, that it will appear toggled off but the buff will actually still be active.

+ Reply to Thread