+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hybrids

Shadowlander

Default Hybrids

I was wondering in a live stream (i think? or a post) the devs were talking about trying to stay away from 61 point specs to allow hybrids and uniqueness of combining souls.

Are rogues ever going to get specs like Sabdancer or Bloodstalker. I know it would take a lot of work to re-code and fix the current specs, which rogues do appreciate. But just buffing a talent by couple % is kinda getting dull. I am NOT trying to compare us to mages or anything but they do have spec like Necroharb.

Given that Allion has been fixing tactician and changing it's play style. I am just curious if he is going to do this with every soul or stick with % changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Havec View Post
    Are rogues ever going to get specs like Sabdancer or Bloodstalker..
    We have a really strong Melee Hybrid NB/Sin and a strong (at least in the moment lets see if the "nerf" changes that) Range Hybrid AoE tactman spec.

Keep in mind Bloodstalker was same like Sin just doable for some encounters and Sabdancer was just OP in PvE (even if i loved this spec, the dps was op, more than Tacmtan is now for Cleave fights; and i dont think it was ever planed to do this dmg back in the days ^^)

Ps:

I dont think Tactman is Op in the moment after the last changes, but alot of the ppl do so thats why i phrase it like that ;)
    Last edited by R3db4ss; 08-03-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    We have a really strong Melee Hybrid NB/Sin and a strong (at least in the moment lets see if the "nerf" changes that) Range Hybrid AoE tactman spec
    Ah that is really true. I only play NB/Sin on Kain but other than that I have been using 61nb. When I saw the rogue changes I saw a lot of % changes, that's why i made the post. Totally forgot about NB/Sin and Tactman (well until the changes goes live of course)

RIFT Guide Writer

Personally I don't consider tactman a real hybrid. To me hybrid would need to actively use abilities from two or more souls. Tactman has MM only for the passive bonuses. The hybrids we have are:
    1. NB/Sin (and Sin/NB which does similar dps but is not as practical)
    2. MM/Ranger which is only used in pvp anymore
    3. Bard/tactician which is rarely used anymore
    4. NB/RS pvp builds
    5. Sin/RS pvp builds

I've tried to look for other hybrids such as sin/bd or nb/bd which would use bd builders for quick combo points and assassin or NB finishers. Neither one really worked well enough although sin/bd has a nice initial burst.

Then there are the x / 30 sin "hybrids" which don't use sin for anything more than passive boosts from poisons, serrated blades and such. Mostly this can be an option to provide Lethal Poison in rare situations. This can be done with at least bard, BD and tactician.

+ Reply to Thread