+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteur newb: Help me out?

Soulwalker

Default Saboteur newb: Help me out?

I just started a Saboteur rogue yesterday, and I'm currently level 20. After looking through my talent tree I noticed that every ability besides the basic Spike Charge and Blast Charge were ALL AoE abilities. I haven't seen a single single-target ability since level 6. Because of this I just had a couple questions concerning them, if anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. How is Saboteur's solo ability? I'm currently playing this class solo and noticed we don't see a single mitigation or soaking ability, so I'm guessing I'm answering my own question here...

2. How does single-target DPS fair in raiding/dungeon(s)?

3. Any suggestions on macros to ease up on the keybinding space? At level 20 I'm already through almost 50% of my keybindings without using modifers, so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you to all who can help a newb like me out. I appreciate you sharing the knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexxx View Post
    1. How is Saboteur's solo ability? I'm currently playing this class solo and noticed we don't see a single mitigation or soaking ability, so I'm guessing I'm answering my own question here...
    For a good while, you should be able to burst enemies down before they can touch you, but if you fight anything that can actually touch you, you're probably better off using a build that doesn't have long pauses in its DPS.

Sab is pretty squishy. You can set up a ton of damage before actually aggroing the enemy because of Time Bomb, Silent Setup, and traps, but once you actually start the fight your damage will be very spiky due to Charges not doing any immediate damage.

2. How does single-target DPS fair in raiding/dungeon(s)?
    Not great. Generally, if you are going to be fighting a single target, switch to a different spec. Level 1-49 it shouldn't matter too much if you do a random dungeon run entirely as Sab, but you definitely shouldn't stay Sab in a Raid unless AoE is needed.

3. Any suggestions on macros to ease up on the keybinding space? At level 20 I'm already through almost 50% of my keybindings without using modifers, so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
    You can literally macro basically every ability you have together and have a viable DPS "rotation" from pressing one button.

For Level 21, something like

#show Annihilation Bomb
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Time Bomb
    cast Annihilation Bomb
    cast Fragmentation Bomb
    cast @gtae Chemical Bomb
    cast Shrapnel Charge

Will give you reasonable AoE damage for a 1-button macro (Time Bomb is first so you can use it before aggroing the enemy while you load up Shrapnel/Blast Charges from a separate keybind). As you level, add more abilities with Cooldowns as you get them, like Rapid Setup or Carpet Bombing.

Sab is terrible for leveling. It does poorly in single target for raids.

Here are some higher level builds.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...und-tried.html

If you're married to the idea of levelig with Sab, I would instead use the Sab tree and abilities as supplementals, rather than your main events. say you could go Marksman/Sab/Riftstalker, or if you have the SL souls, Tact/Sab/Marks or if you want to be melee rather than ranged you could mix in some Assassin, Night blade, etc. That way you'll at least have some other offensive abilities that can do immediate damage for your main spam as well as the ability to sneak up and install those charges before the fight begins.

Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

Soulwalker

I started using sab a few days ago at lvl 60 and I have to admit can be quite devastating on AOE and tbh could do a bit more dmg than tact in single target.

My advice is .....sab is not the best soul to leveling up , and you get the best with a full 61 points

Here what im using now for full dmg at lvl 60

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...GBllaa8/t8/T8g

Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread