+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: I just don't get it...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    And there's nothing cogent about your responses in this thread. Everything you say is colored with barely concealed rage.
    Is that something that is obvious by his post?
    Or something that you convinced yourself exists?

But since you're so into policing manners, how bout you give Mr. Zazen here a lesson since he seems to think that insulting people is fine. If you don't, it will just prove your hypocrisy:
    I don't believe you know what hypocrisy means.
    Frankly, I think Muspel is wasting his time on you.
    You're so quick to go takatakataka on your keyboard you're missing what is said and preferring what you THINK was said.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-20-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Shadowlander

IMO rogues seems to be fine, even though i just started to progress into t1 i mostly top the combat logs if that is what fellow rogues are after, the only raid gear i have is my set boots.

it ranges from 12-15k in totq
    13,7k on first boss in EE and 17k in opening phase of gelidra

Lets all just agree that rogue tanks are in a great place right now when compared to the other tanks :P

Yeah....I don't dps...like ever....outside of dungeons so that is the most I can contribute to this topic :P
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Hard/Para are much closer to 24.5(A lot of the Harb and NecroHarb parses are stopped right when EA ends which significantly inflates them). It is less than a 5% difference for a change that just went through, I would give them at least a week or two before complaining much about it.

Inquis just got buffed and pyro got a minor nerf, I would expect another minor nerf incoming for it as well as both are too close to melee specs.

Rgr is pretty good right where it is. The Necrolink just needs to die. It was a horrible idea to include it and its showing that. I wouldn't expect the link to last in anywhere close to its current state.

RB/NB/NB-Sin/BD are all basically right on top of RB both in AoE and ST damage. All these builds are roughly right where they should be. Harb AoE needs to be brought down a bit and NecroHarb AoE brought down even more.

RNG from fight to fight is greater than the difference of the top 3 melee DPS specs.
    I compared top parses and not average, this was to avoid comparing top parses against average parses. If I compare average parses then we just get 23k vs 24.5k and the difference is the same. If you want to prove that the gap is smaller then parse 24k with assassin and post the breakdown. Necroharb doesn't even have EA and 61 harb can be at like 24.8k just before EA.

90% of parses are within 500 dps, RNG is much smaller than the difference between us and the top melee specs.

If you have 2 similar specs except one does 500 more dps on average then that is generally enough to deem the worse spec as unviable and as a result no one plays it. A recent example is 61 NB, no one played it when it was 500 dps behind NB/Sin. If a mage suddenly got all rogue specs in addition to keeping all his mage dps specs then he would never use any of the rogue specs since to him they would all be unviable. So when you have a difference of 1.5k then it means it's not even close anymore, it's a massive gap and I don't even understand why some are trying to act like it is a minor thing.

However even more than just numbers the reason why I call it the worst balance since the bugged spec (rangersabs etc) era if because the guidelines have been broken. It used to be that melee > ranged and the more aoe, mobility and utility you have the less dps the spec has. RB was a bit of an outlier but i was slowly being worked on and although it was the best it still fit the same pattern. Now mobility and utility apparently have no effect on the dps as shown by pyro and inquisitor and most melee specs are about the same dps as ranged except a few melee specs which are way ahead of them. You can no longer look at a spec and know how much dps it is supposed to do.

Gery, I seem to have an issue with assassin;

1) I'm **** at it
    2) Most skills seem to do less damage now than on 16th when I parsed last on PTS, 10mm/5nb, full T2 test gear.

http://i.imgur.com/HkltLbD.jpg Bottom is from 16th, top is from 20 minutes ago. Skill min and max aside from savage strike are lower than before EW buff and I can't understand why.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Gery, I seem to have an issue with assassin;

1) I'm **** at it
    2) Most skills seem to do less damage now than on 16th when I parsed last on PTS, 10mm/5nb, full T2 test gear.

http://i.imgur.com/HkltLbD.jpg Bottom is from 16th, top is from 20 minutes ago. Skill min and max aside from savage strike are lower than before EW buff and I can't understand why.
    Your abilities hit just as hard as mine and they also hit harder than before the EW change. There is a simple explanation and it is that you had consumables on in the earlier parse and didn't notice it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    However even more than just numbers the reason why I call it the worst balance since the bugged spec (rangersabs etc) era if because the guidelines have been broken. It used to be that melee > ranged and the more aoe, mobility and utility you have the less dps the spec has. RB was a bit of an outlier but i was slowly being worked on and although it was the best it still fit the same pattern. Now mobility and utility apparently have no effect on the dps as shown by pyro and inquisitor and most melee specs are about the same dps as ranged except a few melee specs which are way ahead of them. You can no longer look at a spec and know how much dps it is supposed to do.
    Stop posting with your posterior. This isn't new. Pyro has been breaking the supposed rules for just about ever. Overall this patch is better than the last. Yes rogue got a bit of the short end of the stick, but still within 5% basically across the board. They'll continue to tweak, they always do, but you are acting all like the sky is falling when not much has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Stop posting with your posterior. This isn't new. Pyro has been breaking the supposed rules for just about ever. Overall this patch is better than the last. Yes rogue got a bit of the short end of the stick, but still within 5% basically across the board. They'll continue to tweak, they always do, but you are acting all like the sky is falling when not much has changed.
    Yeah, not much has changed. Just that on the only fight in the game where dps actually matters, rogue is only desireable as a bard. Harb with phantom blades and blademark for dps (nothing can come close to it on salvarola atm), pyrochon, necros to replace defilers and chloro(s).
    hotfix 10 made non mage classes obsolete. Exaggeration ofc but i wonder how far from the truth.
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Eione View Post
    Yeah, not much has changed. Just that on the only fight in the game where dps actually matters, rogue is only desireable as a bard. Harb with phantom blades and blademark for dps (nothing can come close to it on salvarola atm), pyrochon, necros to replace defilers and chloro(s).
    hotfix 10 made non mage classes obsolete. Exaggeration ofc but i wonder how far from the truth.
    Just wait until you get to new content. Check this little album: http://imgur.com/a/hzXdN#0
    It's a fight on PTS where at exactly 21:50:00 timestamp some adds spawn and this happens. That version of corpse explosion went live as balanced.

I didn't count them exactly but it's about 360-370 hits in 14 seconds averaging 13600 for a total damage of 5M. That makes it 360k aoe dps from using one ability once or twice.

Your abilities hit just as hard as mine and they also hit harder than before the EW change. There is a simple explanation and it is that you had consumables on in the earlier parse and didn't notice it.
    Logged into PTS, was conquest power.

Stupid CQP.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I've gone on for pages because he's dead-set on defending it. If he realizes and admits that it was out of line, I'll drop it.
    There's pretty much nothing left to argue here. You're admitting that you're on a ridiculous crusade (that is off-topic by the way) and have no intention of stopping until the other party "admits that he's wrong." Good luck with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Is that something that is obvious by his post?
    Or something that you convinced yourself exists?
    See his obvious crusade above, or his reference to being pissed off where he tries to claim hyperbole after the fact. Somehow I doubt you're looking at the situation with impartial glasses though.

I don't believe you know what hypocrisy means.
    Frankly, I think Muspel is wasting his time on you.
    You're so quick to go takatakataka on your keyboard you're missing what is said and preferring what you THINK was said.
    The irony of this post is delicious.

There's pretty much nothing left to argue here. You're admitting that you're on a ridiculous crusade (that is off-topic by the way) and have no intention of stopping until the other party "admits that he's wrong." Good luck with that.
    Then I'll keep hammering away. The fact that somebody else refuses to acknowledge the truth doesn't somehow make allegations untrue.

You've spent half of the thread defending the OP's insults and vague assertions, and the other half attacking an argument that's so far from what I said I'm not even sure it qualifies as a strawman.

Ascendant

snip
    Are you honestly going so far as to try and cite corpse explosion as an ability that is worth of being nerfed?
    You do realize it only applies when a target dies, which means on any raid encounter its as useful as spitting into the wind.
    Hell, you should nerf Mass betrayal then.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-21-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Ascendant

The irony of this post is delicious.
    I do not believe you know what irony means either.

Are you honestly going so far as to try and cite corpse explosion as an ability that is worth of being nerfed?
    You do realize it only applies when a target dies, which means on any raid encounter its as useful as spitting into the wind.
    Hell, you should nerf Mass betrayal then.
    max targets just like every other AE that was unlimited should be applied

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast