Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Queen's Gambit

Ascendant

Default Queen's Gambit

Has anyone found a Rogue build that is working well with this Chronicle.

I get stuck on the Twin's . Can't separate them enough. Can't kill bring health down balanced enough, without one or the other beating me down.

I'm doing something wrong, I know it. I'm geared, and 2/4 FT , 472 Hit. So help me.

Tried MM, Tact, Nb/Sin, going to try Ranger.

Any help would be appreciated.

I can solo it really easily with the BD build in my signature, but that's with full raid gear. Not sure how it'd fare at lower gear levels.

Tactician should also have a really easy time on the twins, because you can cleave them with torrents. Make sure that you're interrupting Och's Focused Shard, though, because it hits really hard. Almost all of the other damage is avoidable.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-29-2013 at 01:57 PM.

I used my 51 blade dancer build to get by this boss, 51 blade dancer and rest in riftstalker and 4 in tactician. I used vampiric essence as weapon enchants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Disciple

Plane Touched

I solo it every day as 61 assassin easily, I'm fully raid geared with relic weapons though. dot them both up evenly constantly switching targets, stay out of the red cones and los focused shard (since I cant interrupt in this spec). This is probably suboptimal, but still very easy

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    Has anyone found a Rogue build that is working well with this Chronicle.

I get stuck on the Twin's . Can't separate them enough. Can't kill bring health down balanced enough, without one or the other beating me down.

I'm doing something wrong, I know it. I'm geared, and 2/4 FT , 472 Hit. So help me.

Tried MM, Tact, Nb/Sin, going to try Ranger.

Any help would be appreciated.
    its pretty easy with Tact/MM.

Ascendant

Thanks, I have heard from folks I have trust in, and figured it was me ........... I am not all I thought I could be.

Ah, well, maybe later I will do it. Thanks again guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenryuta View Post
    Ugh, no. That's basically the worst possible amount of points to put into Ranger-- too shallow for Blood Raptor, and too deep to get the good stuff in other souls. Also, torrents cannot proc Doubleshot.

Tactician/Marksman will be far more effective, because Marksman has a lot of talents that improve channeled attacks.

And... not to be rude, but every single rogue spec I've seen you post has been terrible. It's fine if you enjoy experimenting and playing those specs-- more power to you. But please, don't recommend them to other people without explaining how weak they are.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-29-2013 at 08:29 PM.

I solo this daily using the Martian Tact build. I'm not over geared, (see my sig) and I'm still stuck at 450 hit including blue items :/
    PvP Rank: 88/90 | PA: 1277/1277 | CQ Power: 200k | Score: 15285 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS (Conq.) | 11/11 HK | 4/4 RotP | 2/8 ID | 4/4 PF | 4/4 TotDQ | 4/5 EE | 4/4 FT | 4/4 GA | IG 2/3 | PB 3/5
    Getting More and More Disillusioned By The Day

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion View Post
    I solo this daily using the Martian Tact build. I'm not over geared, (see my sig) and I'm still stuck at 450 hit including blue items :/
    If you're not over geared (450 is raid capable), what is the intended audience?
    My SO and I can't do the final boss, my hit is 380, not sure where she's at (she's a mage.) I know the issue is we're missing something with the mechanics of the fight, but what that is we can't figure out (the you tube videos we've seen have all been with raid geared players easily burning her down. We can't do that )
    Cognitive Dissonance
    If you leave a rat in a Skinner Box long enough, it begins to develop theories about the moral rightness of pressing levers and the personal failings of those with fewer pellets. It is somewhat less likely to develop theories that the box and levers are necessary or desirable, because the pragmatic importance of acquiring pellets is self-evident. -Zubon, Kill Ten Rats

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
    My SO and I can't do the final boss, my hit is 380, not sure where she's at (she's a mage.) I know the issue is we're missing something with the mechanics of the fight, but what that is we can't figure out (the you tube videos we've seen have all been with raid geared players easily burning her down. We can't do that )
    are you LOS'ing the purple crystal?
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Stock raiding NB/Sin for 1st and 2nd boss, aoe is fun. 3rd is easiest as MM for me.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    are you LOS'ing the purple crystal?
    Yes - tried both running out to the fringe or going behind the center pillar.
    Our DPS in between though is just really low as we try to deal with the adds and the orange pillar things. I've tried ranger and tact/mm.
    Cognitive Dissonance
    If you leave a rat in a Skinner Box long enough, it begins to develop theories about the moral rightness of pressing levers and the personal failings of those with fewer pellets. It is somewhat less likely to develop theories that the box and levers are necessary or desirable, because the pragmatic importance of acquiring pellets is self-evident. -Zubon, Kill Ten Rats

The OP's original posting would be the audience?

Many of the bosses are easier to solo than 2-player imo. For example when you solo the last boss you don't get the adds.

What we don't know from your post is what you are failing to? Random damage?, the adds? purple AoE?

Never forget that as Trion is prone to doing the AoE burst from the purple crystal is slightly larger than the graphic shown, in order to get out of it you need to run as soon as it appears - btw LoS doesnt work the AoE pulse goes through the central pillar, you have to be out of the purple circle even if you cannot see the boss. Other than that, make sure you stand in the white circle around the birdie for free heals, stay out of red circles (don't waste your time DPS'ing them) from the crystals and have a lot of patience. With the purple crystal + random ports you spend a lot of time out of LoS

Oh, and ranged build with interrupts is very useful imo.
    Last edited by Gethzerion; 07-03-2013 at 01:28 AM.
    PvP Rank: 88/90 | PA: 1277/1277 | CQ Power: 200k | Score: 15285 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS (Conq.) | 11/11 HK | 4/4 RotP | 2/8 ID | 4/4 PF | 4/4 TotDQ | 4/5 EE | 4/4 FT | 4/4 GA | IG 2/3 | PB 3/5
    Getting More and More Disillusioned By The Day

Rift Disciple

Thanks a ton, that's very useful.

To answer the question, it was random damage+still getting hit with the purple AoE +health resetting, which I didn't realize was a bug (thought we were leashing her somehow.)
    Cognitive Dissonance

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast