+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why were the Rogue's Combat points changed?

Shadowlander

Default Why were the Rogue's Combat points changed?

Why did they change them? They used to be target specific, now you just build them up on your character...

The only difference between a Warrior's mechanics vs. a Rogue's now is that the rogue has 5 combo pts. and the warrior has 3......

I have no idea why they decided to dumb down the class and make it more streamlined but I strongly believe it was a step in the wrong direction. You're just merging class mechanics together...

Quote Originally Posted by doctorflex View Post
    Why did they change them? They used to be target specific, now you just build them up on your character...
    Because rogue DPS suffered on any fight with target swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorflex View Post
    The only difference between a Warrior's mechanics vs. a Rogue's now is that the rogue has 5 combo pts. and the warrior has 3......
    And the fact that rogues have a shorter global cooldown, leading to much faster-paced play. The similarities are superficial, because the playstyles are vastly different.

Ascendant

warrior still plays totally different then rogue dont worry.

They were changed because combo points on a target is an out-dated and a stupid idea which limits game play too much, be it PvP or PvE.

Warrior so slow between gcd's. Being use to rogue I practically fall asleep when playing war. Rogue is for a much "twitchier" gamer.

no AE cleanse... only able to heal a max of 5 people... I really hope these things get corrected and in line with the other healing souls that at least have an AE cleanse and 10 target healing.

+ Reply to Thread