+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear to try and get for a new 60 Rogue?

Plane Walker

Default Gear to try and get for a new 60 Rogue?

Hi everyone,

I just hit level 60 and I'm not sure exactly what equipment I should be going for. I know I will need to focus on getting equipment which raise my hit (so I can being running experts), but I'm not exactly sure which ones to go for.

I've already crafted an Insidious Furious Truehide Hood. What's next?
    Also, how about essences?

Thanks!

craft belt and 2x rings for sure. insidious or keen depending on spec/preference, cant go wrong with keen in general.

Craft the hat, belt, 2 rings, neck, seal and if needed, the +40 hit weapons, all 3 of them.

Lesser essences from Torvan and Lycini reputations or if you're REALLY low on them (neutral), then AH some essences until you can join greater hunts (GHR's) for a few hours to get your reputations up.

Rift Disciple

I noticed virtually all upgrades for me have -(minus) phys crit on them. At one point I was down to like 12% crit, but got it back up to 25 give or take, but the World Vendor and even Expert stuff mostly have minus crit. Anyone know why that is?
    Last edited by Blackluck; 06-21-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    Cognitive Dissonance
    If you leave a rat in a Skinner Box long enough, it begins to develop theories about the moral rightness of pressing levers and the personal failings of those with fewer pellets. It is somewhat less likely to develop theories that the box and levers are necessary or desirable, because the pragmatic importance of acquiring pellets is self-evident. -Zubon, Kill Ten Rats

You mean they have less crit? That's because items will either have crit rating, attack power, or crit power on them, and crit rating is the least worthwhile point for point so the other two are always going to beat out phys crit if the items are similar. You get crit from Strength and Dex as well so once you gear up you'll still have plenty.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    You mean they have less crit? That's because items will either have crit rating, attack power, or crit power on them, and crit rating is the least worthwhile point for point so the other two are always going to beat out phys crit if the items are similar. You get crit from Strength and Dex as well so once you gear up you'll still have plenty.
    Yes, they have less crit, sorry for being vague.
    For non raiders any particular value for crit percentage we should be shooting for? Or just keep pumping dex? (I've been gone a long time and never really paid attention to it, but back in EQ2 it was pretty much the rating for DPS.)
    Cognitive Dissonance
    If you leave a rat in a Skinner Box long enough, it begins to develop theories about the moral rightness of pressing levers and the personal failings of those with fewer pellets. It is somewhat less likely to develop theories that the box and levers are necessary or desirable, because the pragmatic importance of acquiring pellets is self-evident. -Zubon, Kill Ten Rats

Quote Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
    Yes, they have less crit, sorry for being vague.
    For non raiders any particular value for crit percentage we should be shooting for? Or just keep pumping dex? (I've been gone a long time and never really paid attention to it, but back in EQ2 it was pretty much the rating for DPS.)
    You shouldn't "shoot for" anything. Every gear comparison is between what you get from one piece of gear and what you get from another. That's what stat weights are made for, but those are also just guidelines since accurate stat weights would have to take your total stats into account. Focus on attack power and crit power -- generally crit power pieces are better for DPS because there's more CP than AP on an equal level item. Try to go for dex heavy items but the value of dex is only in how much attack power and crit rating it gets you.

+ Reply to Thread