+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz

Thread: Augmenting Leeching Poison Returns

Rift Master

Default Augmenting Leeching Poison Returns

So I'm looking to make myself a new solo build that relies on Leeching Poison to help heal yourself, and I'm curious as to what abilities increase the healing received from it. Obviously anything that augments your personal healing done/received but what else? Some of the talents I'm looking at:
    NB: Enhanced Weapon Enchantments
    Sin: Poison Potency
    Sin: Poison Mastery
    Any others?

Leeching Poison isn't really worthwhile for a solo spec unless you are already going that deep in Assassin. Boosted Recovery from Riftstalker (8 pts) and Curative Engine from Tactician (4 pts) are much stronger especially in combination. But for the question I don't think any of those abilities would increase the healing done by Leeching Poison, just the damage.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 06-20-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Rift Master

If none of those increase healing, why would you say that it isn't worth it unless you go deeper, since I haven't seen anything higher up that would help Leeching specifically.

Just as a reference point, I'm looking at a NB/RS/Sin Hybrid, where I'm doing 12 Sin instead of the 4 Tact.
    Last edited by Caldorian; 06-20-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    If none of those increase healing, why would you say that it isn't worth it unless you go deeper, since I haven't seen anything higher up that would help Leeching specifically.

Just as a reference point, I'm looking at a NB/RS/Sin Hybrid, where I'm doing 12 Sin instead of the 4 Tact.
    I meant, it isn't worth it unless you are already planning on using Assassin for doing damage.

Why? It'll give you less healing and lower your damage more.

Rift Master

It's just a play style thing. Ideally I'm looking for something that has similar play to harb/chloro. I might end up going with sinstaker instead, but wanted to give this a shot since it should have better AoE capabilities.
    Mostly looking for something similar to a harb/chloro.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I meant, it isn't worth it unless you are already planning on using Assassin for doing damage.
    Stock NB/Sin works wonders inside the hive for the elite daily + chronicle is a breeze with it. Leeching poison doesn't do much, but it brings a slight bonus.

It's just a play style thing. Ideally I'm looking for something that has similar play to harb/chloro. I might end up going with sinstaker instead, but wanted to give this a shot since it should have better AoE capabilities.
    Mostly looking for something similar to a harb/chloro.
    Similar to it in what way? The only thing Harb/Chloro has that's particularly distinct is Eldritch Armor, and no rogue soloing spec is going to have that kind of rotation-altering proc.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Similar to it in what way? The only thing Harb/Chloro has that's particularly distinct is Eldritch Armor, and no rogue soloing spec is going to have that kind of rotation-altering proc.
    Brain dead, 2-button mob cleaving AoE, since I'm usually watching TV on my second monitor while I do solo stuff.
    As for leeching instead of curative engine, I'm not worried about healing with 1 or 2 mobs. It's when I get 5 or 6. And where curative will proc only once for ~286 every second, I could get leeching procing many times for ~200 when I have spike and weapon flare going on.

Brain dead, 2-button mob cleaving AoE, since I'm usually watching TV on my second monitor while I do solo stuff.
    Try 61 Tactician, the rotation is very simple.
    As for leeching instead of curative engine, I'm not worried about healing with 1 or 2 mobs. It's when I get 5 or 6. And where curative will proc only once for ~286 every second, I could get leeching procing many times for ~200 when I have spike and weapon flare going on.
    IIRC, poison proc chances are divided by the number of targets that an ability is hitting. Or at least it works that way for Marksman Munitions, and I believe poisons work the same way.

And Fiery Spike ticks cannot proc poisons. It's only the initial application that does.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-21-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Rift Master

Been using a 61 tact for the last month or so. It's fine, just slow to play, and the single target is atrocious. Just time for a change to keep thing interesting.

NB/RS/Tact is also very braindead if you dont worry about the twilight debuff. See Granpas guide.

+ Reply to Thread