+ Reply to Thread

Thread: flashback

Shadowlander

Default flashback

So... what is purpose of this skill? yeh its long range teleport, and it procs Rift Guard.. but i dont see any use of this (expect troling ppl - place memory capture at edge of cliff, jump down, whe they jump too flashback, laugh at them;p)i mean guardian steall is more than enough to keep RG up all the time...

It's used for mobility.

For instance, if you're assigned to the little adds on Gelidra, you can place your Memory Capture point near the entrance, and flash there as soon as they spawn. It also lets you teleport around corners, which makes it very useful for LoS pulling.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-20-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cr00cy View Post
    So... what is purpose of this skill? yeh its long range teleport, and it procs Rift Guard.. but i dont see any use of this (expect troling ppl - place memory capture at edge of cliff, jump down, whe they jump too flashback, laugh at them;p)i mean guardian steall is more than enough to keep RG up all the time...
    Flashback is great for positioning/pulling mobs. Drop Memory capture where you plan to tank then run off in the direction you need to reposition the mob then flashback. For mobs that say knock back sometimes this skill is a wonderful skill. Mob happens to be at just that perfect angle to send you flying. Hit flashback and its like you never moved. Not to mention its a free refresh of plane shift buffs. Another rather nice feature is fights where you have to los. Run out of the way and as soon as the mob is done with the los skill just use flash back to return to the mob.

In short, as Muspel pointed out, is that it's great for pre-planning if you know you're going to need to be somewhere quickly on any given fight.

Examples include:

Gelidra ads
    Twins pillars (4-tank method) -- I tele back and forth with Flashback/Shadow Shift
    Archive of Flesh boss #3, pedestals

etc etc.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

Great for pulling adds which stun in AoF.. place mem cap by group, go pull, flash back to group and not deal with stupid chain stuns...

I also find it handy for those times when you don't want your location to change via a port, but you want to proc planar vortex for the threat. You can just drop mem cap and flash back standing in place. Handy for regulos, since I lag out ALL the time, and a regular port would actually adjust my position off where I want to be tanking.

It's also chain abused by some idiot rogue in the library every time I see him, because broseph has to run from fights.

+ Reply to Thread