+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 40 Ranger Survival Build Advice

Soulwalker

Default Level 40 Ranger Survival Build Advice

hey guys

ive just hit level 40, and my favourite way to play the game is as a ranger. ofcourse as a pet i use the greater pig with armor on his head O.O

But i just cant dish much damage, especially to multiple groups. my pet will tank 1-2 mobs and if theres a 3rd, or a 2nd sometimes they attack me and my defence is very low

So im after a build thats easy going and capable of leveling through the 40s

Rift Disciple

Do the standard 4 Tact/8 Riftstalker and the rest in Ranger if you want to stay as one - both Tac/RS will give you survivability, full ranger will make your pet better. You still will have issues with multiple mobs, just be sure to gear yourself in planar/crafted gear which should be sufficient for overland content. If (when) your pet dies, quick summon it then use your aggro transfer and it will pick up the mob again. You should stay alive long enough for that to happen. If it goes pear shaped, you can use RS abilities to hang in there or worst case, retreat.

I've played most of the game as a Ranger and really didn't run into issues until the low-mid 50's, but after 55 switched back and still play it as my predominant build at 60.
    Last edited by Blackluck; 06-20-2013 at 02:36 AM.
    Cognitive Dissonance
    If you leave a rat in a Skinner Box long enough, it begins to develop theories about the moral rightness of pressing levers and the personal failings of those with fewer pellets. It is somewhat less likely to develop theories that the box and levers are necessary or desirable, because the pragmatic importance of acquiring pellets is self-evident. -Zubon, Kill Ten Rats

Pet is intended to keep aggro from singular mobs or groups of less than 3. If you want to AoE pull, your rogue offers way better options for that.

Soulwalker

would u guys happen to have a link to one of those skill tree websites so i could see were the points go?

+ Reply to Thread