+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Primalthirst

Thread: So...Q.Q

Default So...Q.Q

I never make these type of threads, but right now I'm really annoyed by the fact our only ST specs that can compete with other classes' top ST specs are Ranger and Sin, both being rectricted.

Assassin:
    • Can only perform on pure, almost static ST fights (no AoE).
    • Deals poorly with disconnects and target swaps. Whenever these things happen, DPS just tends to plummet, mostly due to the fact that your bleeds drop and you have to rely on Swift Shot/Hasten Shot.
    • As such, the usage of this spec is very limited: Goloch, Gangnum and Twins, kinda. Kaliban for GA, TotDQ is irrelevant, and I haven't seen the last boss of GA.
    • Paragons, Riftblades and Pyros just seem to be much better and less restricted specs for many fights.
    Ranger:
    • Pet dies to like every possible mechanic in the game. This means either a) microing it back and losing DPS or b) pet dies and losing DPS -- loss/loss situation).
    • Subpar to Sin on fights where both specs aren't restricted, but that's to be expected since ranged is supposed to deal less damage than melee.
    • Poor AoE.
    I'm pleased with Ranger, but the "RELY ON YOUR PET OR BE GIMPED" mechanic is a stupid gimmick that is just infuriating when bosses completely deny you from using this spec by constantly killing your pet. Otherwise, it would perform very well on these fights. No other classes have to rely on a damn pet to compete with top DPS.

"Ironic, you're such a nub, we have plenty of other specs that can deal with these fights where Sin or Ranger can't be used effectively". Let's name these awesome specs that we have: NB/Sin, 61nb, 61mm and Tact/MM. Bladedancer and Sab aren't even worth mentioning.

61mm isn't a competitive ST or AoE spec. It's just a purge/interrupt bot that is either used for its tools or used as a last resort. Tact/MM is good for AoE and that's it (it's not a bad thing, this spec is great).

What are our two options left? Nightblade and its variant. NB/Sin is like 61nb but with less ST damage. It provides lethal and good AoE though. 61nb offers better burst and ST damage, but with no lethal and relatively poor AoE. Neither of these specs even come close to the top DPS specs of other classes. A lot of causes are to blame, like the miserable crit chance on 61nb.

What happens is that I am stuck with these subpar specs on fights where I should be able to compete with Paragons, Pyros and whatnot. Salvarola comes in mind because it's currently the most blatant display of this. Riftblades are used in pretty much every fight. The exceptions are the encounters where Warrs use Paragon (which outshines RB ST-wise) or the odd Tempest. Same deal with Pyros. I'm not adressing clerics because I don't really know if they fit in that category or not.

Solutions?

a) Make NB good. This spec should be the Riftblade of Rogues if we compare Paragon to Sin. Yet, it's not. It's merely a shadow of what it could be, but the recent buffs are getting it up there. Oh, and while we're at it, make BD and Sab good too.

b) Make Assassin/Ranger less restricted. I'm not a big fan of that. I want spec diversity and these specs being limited on certain fights is okay AS LONG AS THERE ARE DECENT ALTERNATIVES.

Honestly, I could be wrong about all of this, but my personnal raiding experience heavily supports my position. If you can prove me wrong and that it's really just a L2P issue where I imagined all of this, please do so. Also, share constructive thoughts, that'd be awesome.

TL: DR
    • Our top DPS ST specs are too restricted compared to other classes' top ST DPS specs.
    • Their alternatives are subpar. Make them less so.
    • QQ

Shadowlander

Bladedancer is good for Regulos, I pad so hard that it makes my dps look good.

NB/Sin will cream any RB if equally geared and players aren't counting to potato.

All assassin needs is a fork ability to spread its dots to multiple targets. Presto it retains good st but has some aoe applications. We're not talking HUGE aoe since it's DOTs being spread. Just some aoe so it's not so damn limited. I mean there are probably other alternatives but a fork ability is just such a simple thing to add comparitively. And rift has to look at changes in the form of man hours for result now. They can't persue some utopian goal to satisfy the most elequent of gamers. I think a fork would ease a LOT of my complaints, even if target switching would still be a valid issue.

Stupid pets need to quit dying. Or get rid of pet specs and give us something good. I too am tired of pets being an achilles heel. Full 61 builds shouldnt be subject to this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    All assassin needs is a fork ability to spread its dots to multiple targets. Presto it retains good st but has some aoe applications. We're not talking HUGE aoe since it's DOTs being spread. Just some aoe so it's not so damn limited. I mean there are probably other alternatives but a fork ability is just such a simple thing to add comparitively. And rift has to look at changes in the form of man hours for result now. They can't persue some utopian goal to satisfy the most elequent of gamers. I think a fork would ease a LOT of my complaints, even if target switching would still be a valid issue.

Stupid pets need to quit dying. Or get rid of pet specs and give us something good. I too am tired of pets being an achilles heel. Full 61 builds shouldnt be subject to this nonsense.
    Some sort of bleeds spread would be awesome and that's my exactly my thought about Ranger. A way to make swaps less of a pain would be cool too.

In which fights is blood raptor dying? Since 2.3 I've been playing 61rng a lot and I've yet to lose my pet without any micromanagement.

Quote Originally Posted by Harby View Post
    In which fights is blood raptor dying? Since 2.3 I've been playing 61rng a lot and I've yet to lose my pet without any micromanagement.
    most likely ga 3rd boss

Don't worry, Burning Fury is being nerfed hard soon. That just leaves Riftblade as the main outlier, just as it has been for almost a year.

BUT WE CAN'T GO NERFING WARRIORS NOW CAN WE?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Don't worry, Burning Fury is being nerfed hard soon. That just leaves Riftblade as the main outlier, just as it has been for almost a year.

Actually, looking at goloch, gangnum, zaviel, kain and twins parses, they went down a good 1-2k depending on crit luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post

Ailion is originally a rogue dev, he's going to need a healer to take down riftblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Harby View Post
    Kyzan, Salvarola. I was mostly refering to these two (yeah my statement was a bit exagerated). However, if GA is any indication of the future tiers, it's going to be awful for Ranger.

+ Reply to Thread