+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie overwhelmed with currency options

Soulwalker

Default Newbie overwhelmed with currency options

Hello I recently returned to this game after a long break. I did play up to level 49 in 2012 but never got the chance to hit 50. Now I wanted to start fresh and made a rogue NB, I hit 50 last night and made my way to SL areas. I am having a blast but find myself a bit overwhelmed with all the currency options, like what currency should I save or not save? In the main city Tempest Bay there is so many vendors that I don't know exactly what I should aim for. Someone told me not to stress it to much and focus on getting to 60 first, but I like to always have some sort of a plan while i level. Any useful tips on what currency is very important for a rogue going dps route? Also do you guys bother with farming planarites much in the low 50's or wait till 60?

Thanks

• Empyrean Sourcestone - You get these from some quests in level 50-58 zones, particularly Carnage quests and zone events. You can use these to buy level 50-56 gear. Feel free to spend them, as they have no use at level 60.
    • Infinity Stones - Mostly, these come from level 60 zone events and Carnage quests. They're used to use buy gear at level 60, mostly lesser planar essences. Hang on to these for when you hit 60.
    • Planarite - You get Planarite for doing pretty much anything related to Rifts, including invasions and footholds. This can be spent on a lot of stuff-- mostly, items that cost Empyrean or Infinity Stones will also cost Planarite. It's useful at level 60, but you get tons of it from Great Hunts and Strongholds at level 60, so you can spend it while leveling without worrying too much.
    • Empyreal Slayer's Mark - These come from level 60 expert dungeons. They're used to buy the level 60 Expert dungeon set armor.
    • Frozen Eclipse Stones - These come from raids (and you also get a very small amount of them for the daily level 60 expert dungeon reward). They're used to buy the raid set armor.
    • Favor - You get this from PvP. It's used to buy PvP gear.
    • Freelancer's Marks - Once you reach PvP Rank 60, you'll start to earn these from daily warfronts and the PvP weekly quests. You can use them to buy the second tier of PvP gear (which also costs Favor).
    • Warlord's Mark - Once you reach PvP Rank 70, you'll earn these from daily warfronts and the PvP weeklies. They're used to buy the third tier of PvP gear (which also costs Favor).
    • Marks of Conquest - You earn these from Conquest (which is a large-scale PvP thing) at level 60. They're used to buy some of the "secondary" PvP gear, like essences, trinket upgrades, seals, and certain runes.
    • Artisan's Marks - There are three kinds of these: regular, Master, and Grandmaster. You get them from crafting daily and weekly quests in varying types and amounts depending on the quest. They're used to buy crafting recipes.

Those are the currencies that matter. Everything else is either part of some kind of special holiday event, or is only useful at lower levels, so don't worry about them.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    • Empyrean Sourcestone - You get these from some quests in level 50-58 zones, particularly Carnage quests and zone events. You can use these to buy level 50-56 gear. Feel free to spend them, as they have no use at level 60.
    • Infinity Stones - Mostly, these come from level 60 zone events and Carnage quests. They're used to use buy gear at level 60, mostly lesser planar essences. Hang on to these for when you hit 60.
    • Planarite - You get Planarite for doing pretty much anything related to Rifts, including invasions and footholds. This can be spent on a lot of stuff-- mostly, items that cost Empyrean or Infinity Stones will also cost Planarite. It's useful at level 60, but you get tons of it from Great Hunts and Strongholds at level 60, so you can spend it while leveling without worrying too much.
    • Empyreal Slayer's Mark - These come from level 60 expert dungeons. They're used to buy the level 60 Expert dungeon set armor.
    • Frozen Eclipse Stones - These come from raids (and you also get a very small amount of them for the daily level 60 expert dungeon reward). They're used to buy the raid set armor.
    • Favor - You get this from PvP. It's used to buy PvP gear.
    • Freelancer's Marks - Once you reach PvP Rank 60, you'll start to earn these from daily warfronts and the PvP weekly quests. You can use them to buy the second tier of PvP gear (which also costs Favor).
    • Warlord's Mark - Once you reach PvP Rank 70, you'll earn these from daily warfronts and the PvP weeklies. They're used to buy the third tier of PvP gear (which also costs Favor).
    • Marks of Conquest - You earn these from Conquest (which is a large-scale PvP thing) at level 60. They're used to buy some of the "secondary" PvP gear, like essences, trinket upgrades, seals, and certain runes.
    • Artisan's Marks - There are three kinds of these: regular, Master, and Grandmaster. You get them from crafting daily and weekly quests in varying types and amounts depending on the quest. They're used to buy crafting recipes.

Those are the currencies that matter. Everything else is either part of some kind of special holiday event, or is only useful at lower levels, so don't worry about them.

This has helped me tons! Actually got it printed out TY!

+ Reply to Thread