+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the best spec for ganking people?

Rift Disciple

Default What is the best spec for ganking people?

My goal is to gank people when they are questing or hunting mobs. Just surprise them, and then own them.

My gear is all merc, and merc essences in sigil. I don't have problem killing people of equal gear with MM spec, but i have bad results against people with around 30k hp. I need spec where I can surprise them and kill them before they realize what is going on.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DaCactus View Post
    My goal is to gank people when they are questing or hunting mobs. Just surprise them, and then own them.
    Sad .

Rift Disciple

Why? its part of the game. I don't care when its done to me, i just wanna do it to others.

Nothing wrong with that, hatred is healthy to open world PvP.

Your best spec for ganking someone is going to depend on their spec, but honestly if it's someone running around in their PvE gear - you would need to be a terrible player to not have a 100% success rate.

That being said, 61 Sin will likely be your best bet. It lacks in defense but has the highest burst of any soul and will usually provide enough sustained DPS to bleed down whatever solo build your average healer is running. Something like this - http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...FlliGAGl4/x8ho
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fudily View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, hatred is healthy to open world PvP.

Your best spec for ganking someone is going to depend on their spec, but honestly if it's someone running around in their PvE gear - you would need to be a terrible player to not have a 100% success rate.

That being said, 61 Sin will likely be your best bet. It lacks in defense but has the highest burst of any soul and will usually provide enough sustained DPS to bleed down whatever solo build your average healer is running. Something like this - http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...FlliGAGl4/x8ho
    Pve/merc geared people are no prob. The problem to me are people in r70/80.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fudily View Post

Would having 2 charges+2sprints be enough? The problem to me it seems, if they kite through that, my dmg will go down a lot if i can't keep it in melle. I didn't see any snare type skill that just slows their movement.

If you don't kill the person with the inital burst in Sin then every second they stay alive means you are going to die. Use Slip away.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Prophet of Telara

Two charges and two sprints is plenty. The charges are on an 8 second and 15 second timer and both have a short root attached to them, plus the sprints on a 30sec and 60sec timer if I recall properly. Then you have a stun AND a silence/interrupt.

Do yourself a favor and set up KAlert to track your DoT's. For a good healer, especially being in Merc gear, you need to keep all your DoT's going and time your CC perfectly. Open from stealth for Jagged, and 10 seconds later you better be using Thread of Death to put it back on, and if they are still alive 10 seconds later, you need to be using Slip Away to get it up a third time, or to get the hell out of dodge. When you keep the pressure on, they start to burn their cooldowns. If you don't kill them by the time their cooldowns come back up, you might as well throw in the towel.

+ Reply to Thread