+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee DPS

Shadowlander

Default Melee DPS

Hi Rogues,

I am looking at re-rolling as a rogue, from my 54 Warrior. I want to play Melee DPS in PvE. Warriors have 2 strong melee specs, RB and Paragon, and I know Rogues have strong Ranged specs. However, I haven't heard of anyone playing melee rogue in end game PvE. Is a melee rogue viable? Are there different options in terms of soul choice for viable melee rogue?

Thanks

Shadowlander

bladedancer and assassin I believe are the top 2 melee dps souls. NB is more a hybrid with a mix of melee and medium range and non physical damage.

Soulwalker

Personally i use a Bladedancer build for my melee. Honestly on average it does not hit quite as hard as my ranged dps build in single target, normally about 200 dps behind it, but its aoe is more than double the ranged builds aoe. Granted im only level 52 currently so i've still got a ways to go till its maxed out.

I've tried the assassin but i just cant get it to work personally. The potential is there but due to my play style even with macro's i just cant get it to preform at the level of the Bladedancer build.

Assassin, NB and Assassin/NB hybrid are all viable and played. BD is not as much ST damage as Assa and not as resilient when out of range as Nightblades, so it's the least played.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

I went NB/Sin on Kyzan last night. It actually reminded me of playing a rogue in EQ2 where you had to joust on boss fights. It was much more fun that playing a ranged spec on that fight.

It would be interesting if rogues had a skill like Amazing Reflexes from EQ2 (not the pre-nerf version that was guaranteed AE avoidance).

+ Reply to Thread