+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fardarter

Thread: Non-60 PVP

Shadowlander

Default Non-60 PVP

I'm looking for a pvp spec that will work for my rogue who just hit 47. I've been seeing a lot about MM/Ranger and NB/RS but I'm not really sure how they'd work out prior to level 60. I'm ok with a ranged role, but would really appreciate any melee class that isn't awful and isn't NB/RS...if there isn't one, I'll go ranged

Marksman. Eradicate is too powerful to give up.

Shadowlander

So 44 MM, any tips on the other...the other 18 in ranger? I wouldn't be able to use any of the greater pets, so I'm not sure if it would be worth it until I have the necessary points to spend.

Fill out as many points in Marksman as it will let you, then go for 5NB, then 10 Assassin. (You probably won't have quite enough points for the latter, but you'll get there.)
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-18-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Shadowlander

I can actually go 47MM/10sin/5NB...would you recommend then just filling out MM to 61 as I level in order to stay competitive in PVP?

Also, would it be worth it in this spec to open from stealth, snare the opponent and attack while kiting? Or is Sin only used for buffs/poison?
    Last edited by Roewan; 06-18-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Shadowlander

I do well with mostly nightblade with 4 points in tac and the rest in riftstalker. This is pretty much the build I used in beta minus the tac of course but I find that then and now the mobility, damage ability and most of all the ability to take a few hits works well in pvp. I also use this almost exclusively in PVE when out questing. I prefer melee classes with some range. The NB ranged attack go out to 20 yards or so but the basic attack in tac is a 30 yarder so you can always do some damage and build as you are closing the gap.

I am also playing around with a build that swaps out riftstalker for bard, on paper it looks very promising but since the servers are down i haven't been able to experiment too much. I have a feeling this could be my new build though as bard jives really well with night blade bc its all non physical damage.

I have a 54 rogue and a 60 rogue, On the 60 I have been running 61 NB as the final skil offers outstanding burst damage capability and it seems to be working out pretty well. Of course it isn't very good for conquest, in that case I just go ranger or MM or a mix of the ranged classes with some sab in there also.

I have played rift since beta but I take very long breaks so i am by no means an expert but the builds mentioned above work pretty well for me. The 54 rogue is always at or near the top in KB's and is competitive in total damage which is saying something considering it is a single target build almost exclusively. The 60 does OK, quite well against similiarly geared players but can be outmatched at times just through gear, strategically the build is sound though. Another thing worth mentioning is that with 4 points in tac and at least 8 in riftstalker you can take a ton of damage before you die. I am the type of player that say in the codex for instance will stealth up and go after a flag solo, many times I can kill 2 other players before they get me. Its all about getting a kill so you can get the very nice heal at the end. Honestly though the best way to go about it is to experiment a lot. Some people will play the same build better that others simply because the mechanics of the build work for them better. Find something you are comfortable with and work at mastering the ins and outs and you will be successful, true with everything in life.

+ Reply to Thread