+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee Soul + Tactician = viable or no?

Shadowlander

Default Melee Soul + Tactician = viable or no?

I love the new tactician soul, but all the guides i come across seem to pair it up with MM.

The melee builds Ive seen that have Tac, only seem to put 4-6 points into it, which really isnt incorporating tac into the majority of the build. Has anyone played around with the concept of a heavy tactician build combined with melee?

There is nothing in tactician that synergizes with either melee or physical damage (which is most melee specs)

I can only imagine Trion did it on purpose considering all the issues caused by too much synergy causing fotm builds and frankly WAY over the top stacking issues.

Tactician seems to be built to stand alone but still works very well with many other souls if you take the buffs to overall damage and secondary stats. You may not be able to go too deep into other souls but not much is wasted if planned out.

Soulwalker

The only "melee" soul i can think of that might mesh with tactician is nightblade given it deal's non physical damage. Although i personally have no clue as to if it would be viable. Would have nice aoe though due to the torrent.

Shadowlander

You can't melee and be a tactician.

Best bet is put enough points in Bard and Riftstalker for the healing buffs.

I only switch to melee when something manages to get to me and I need to take it down quick.

NB/RS/Tact, most builds now a days (who have the Tact soul) actually put 4 points in Tact to get curative engine. I can't even imagine playing a melee rogue without it. It's one of the best rogue buffs out there.

Put points in RS for boosted recovery and you are almost invincible!

I changed my ranger to NB/RS/Tact in order to kill fast and easily survive in SL. Best build ever!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 06-19-2013 at 11:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread