+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 61 Ranger PvP

Soulwalker

Default 61 Ranger PvP

Hey all,

I've been reading the forums and have decided on a 61 Ranger PvP spec. I realize that 61 Marks is probably stronger right now, but I really like the abilities in the Ranger tree.

So I have a few questions...

1. Which pet should I be using? I realize that Blood Raptor is generally stronger but is the AE howl on the wolf worth the damage loss?

2. Any tips or macros that help manage your pet? I feel like it's hard to keep a good rotation going (including debuffs) and keep track of my pet. Or is this just a practice thing?

Please go easy on me, I'm still new!

Ranger is actually stronger than Marksman at the moment, but it is more complex and has less utility.

Always use the raptor for DPS outside of PvP. It's not worth caring about AoE damage in most cases.

KaruulAlert is probably your best bet for keeping track of the buffs and debuffs you need to maintain.

For the pet itself you should not have to manage it much. Have keybinds to tell it to attack your target (petattack) and to switch it between stances (petpassive, petdefensive) -- it's up to you how you want to do it, I just have all pet commands bound to my numpad. It will automatically use appropriate abilities as long as they are activated (glowing, can be toggled by right clicking)
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 06-18-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Soulwalker

Thanks for a quick and helpful response. Obviously the 61 Ranger soul points are set, but what do I do with the others. A mix of marks and sin? Any sample builds that you can link?

P.S. Nice tux with fedora lol

Sorry I missed the PvP part for some reason. It is worth using the wolf pet at times in PvP because it applies a healing debuff. I can't say what the best subsouls for PvP are but marksman and sin are good bets for the physical damage, and you get a runspeed buff low in marks.

Overall in PvP marksman is a much better spec solely because of the utility it brings: an interrupt which silences, a couple knockbacks, many run speed buffs, a decoy pet, a root, and most importantly a purge with a 3 second cooldown. Ranger has nothing on that.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 06-18-2013 at 03:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread