+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Rift/Rogue. Whats the build for me?

Soulwalker

Default New to Rift/Rogue. Whats the build for me?

New to the game and i cant decide if i want to go ranged or melee rogue. I looked at the build guide page but its all just numbers and terms i really dont understand yet so it might as well be in Chinese for me at the moment!

Ill mostly be solo with a few dungys here and there. I also dont plan on doing anything pvp related really. I would like to go melee but if the ranged is just overwhelmingly better then melee then i would have no problems doing so.

So what style would work best for a noob? This isnt my first MMO so i dont need the most dumbed down thing available. But at the same time i hate flying blind into a new game and end up with a mishmash of nonsense or picking the weakest class in the history of games that might make the game less fun because of it.

You can respec any time you want by talking to your trainer, so I'd recommend just experimenting to find what you like.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Itaita View Post
    New to the game and i cant decide if i want to go ranged or melee rogue. I looked at the build guide page but its all just numbers and terms i really dont understand yet so it might as well be in Chinese for me at the moment!

Ill mostly be solo with a few dungys here and there. I also dont plan on doing anything pvp related really. I would like to go melee but if the ranged is just overwhelmingly better then melee then i would have no problems doing so.

So what style would work best for a noob? This isnt my first MMO so i dont need the most dumbed down thing available. But at the same time i hate flying blind into a new game and end up with a mishmash of nonsense or picking the weakest class in the history of games that might make the game less fun because of it.
    If you want to go melee do this!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ling-spec.html

Im using that to level when I feel like being stealthy but in my opinion the best starting Rift build is selecting the pre made Ranger build. Let the game assign your points. You get pets to tank for you and you do lots of damage. Its a great way to learn the game. No downtime and really hard to die and lots of fun

+ Reply to Thread