+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gery

Thread: Long live the Ranger!

Default Long live the Ranger!

Upon returning from a fried PC I am finding that Ranger is a very competitive spec nowadays! It is so nice to see this as Ranger has always been one of my favorite specs!

Anyone else happy about the current state of Rogue ranged dps?

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Glad to see you're back Sozu, but yes, Ranger finally got the attention it deserved, its doing much more than Marksman, seeing as how the latter has far more utility anyway. But our melee builds will still do significantly more damage than even the Ranger build. Working as intended
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

RIFT Guide Writer

I'm quite happy with all rogue souls at the moment tbh although I do dislike some annoyances/weaknesses many of them have. All have a purpose and are balanced well relative to each other. In that sense rogues are ahead of the other callings which generally use a much more limited set of specs. Currently I carry 12 main specs and working on filling the other roles with more gimmicky stuff when I get around to it.

Dafuq Gery, 12?! And I thought my 8 specs are lots lol

I just filled up 9 role slots on my cleric, looking forward to doing the same on my rogue

I still think they need to beef up assassin a bit. I mean players and beasts alike should fear an assassin sneaking up from behind to unleash hell. Right now it is like breaking toothpicks on someones back side, assassins can just be ignored, quite sad!!

Prophet of Telara

I was watching a GA stream yesterday on Twitch and the Ranger guy did 19.5K against the first boss (he went over 20.5K+ during the dps boost phases)! Anyone know how much a Pyro can do on this fight? I'd check Hypatia but it's not loading for me at work...
    Last edited by m1nus; 06-19-2013 at 05:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread