+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thinking about becoming a Rock God.

Default Thinking about becoming a Rock God.

So I've tried my hand at Tanking on all 3 classes; couldn't stand dealing with DPS.

Main healing doesn't appeal to me because they have more responsibility then the tanks I've heard.

I don't want to become a DPS because I think it would more or less dumb me down and make me a worse gamer in the long run.

So that leaves support.

I have a lvl 52 Rogue and I'm looking for some guitar lessons and help between 2 sub genres of Rift's version of Rock and Roll.

This is a link to the section of Dunsparrow's website with the guides.

http://www.dunsparrow.com/category/support/

Looking through the guides of the forums infamous denizen Dunsparrow I have found 2 builds that sound workable, with one more flashy because it involves Tac.

The first one I'm actually interested in is called a Power Bard that has 40 in Bard and 36 in Tac.

The other is the standard Bard spec which every one knows.

How would I go about leveling as either one of these from level 52 and using them in 5 mans while leveling them since these builds are designed for level 60s.
    Last edited by Karsa; 06-17-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Bump any input welcome

Telaran

You would be extremely foolish to try to level up any other way than a NB/RS or BD/RS variant with 4 tact for the engine. Tact is not what it was at SL launch and as such is GREATLY diminished in leveling power. Saying you'd like to AoE everything down is great, but mobs are frequently too far apart and you take too much damage trying to clump them up to make it worthwhile.

In terms of end game, 61 bard typically beats out **** (tact/bard hybrid/stratobard/powerbard/insert new gay name here) in raid situations because of the buffs. Orchestra is huge and bard actually can output more meaningful healing (read bigger but slower heals) to combat spike mechanics which typically are the only ones people die to.

Thanks for the input, I'm assuming stick with groups if doing IAs while full on Bard and only do bd/rs while questing solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    Thanks for the input, I'm assuming stick with groups if doing IAs while full on Bard and only do bd/rs while questing solo.
    Pretty much. You could do Bard... but like tanking it's a very slow process.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggz View Post
    You would be extremely foolish to try to level up any other way than a NB/RS or BD/RS variant with 4 tact for the engine. Tact is not what it was at SL launch and as such is GREATLY diminished in leveling power. Saying you'd like to AoE everything down is great, but mobs are frequently too far apart and you take too much damage trying to clump them up to make it worthwhile.

In terms of end game, 61 bard typically beats out **** (tact/bard hybrid/stratobard/powerbard/insert new gay name here) in raid situations because of the buffs. Orchestra is huge and bard actually can output more meaningful healing (read bigger but slower heals) to combat spike mechanics which typically are the only ones people die to.
    I did a Tact/riftstalker blink spec for leveling up and I enjoyed more than the other two you listed and I came back after the changes to tact a while back and I did not suffer. It survivability and dps where fine for leveling st & aoe.

+ Reply to Thread