+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Rogue Macros

Shadowlander

Default Help with Rogue Macros

I rolled a Rogue and have 2 rolls, Huntsman and Sharpshooter, I have checked the forums, and googled and still have not found anything concreate, I need help finding macros for both rolls.

I have found a few for the Huntsman roll, which I am currently using, but they are pretty basic and very vague, but also I cannot for the life of me find any macros suitable for the Sharpshooter rolls.

I will be mostly pvping

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

well for starters you should probably cease using those crappy trion-made soul combinations

many of the marksman or ranger guides will probably feature macros you could use
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Quote Originally Posted by Rahak View Post
    well for starters you should probably cease using those crappy trion-made soul combinations
    Feel free to use the templates. It's a good way for people unsure about a direction to get an idea. They're (for the most part) fine for lower level content, though far from optimal. Just don't tell people, or you'll hear ish like this.

As for macros, try to hold off until you fully understand the soul. Both Marksman and Ranger are fairly simple to play. That said, exactly what are you trying to macro?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by alltoreup21 View Post
    Feel free to use the templates. It's a good way for people unsure about a direction to get an idea. They're (for the most part) fine for lower level content, though far from optimal. Just don't tell people, or you'll hear ish like this.

As for macros, try to hold off until you fully understand the soul. Both Marksman and Ranger are fairly simple to play. That said, exactly what are you trying to macro?
    a

What i actually wanna do is get a suitable rotation going for both pvp/pve, then I would macro the rotation, I know I am low level now, but as I level, I will play around with it later. Basically my style of play is obviously ranged. I would like to kill mobs well before they even get close to me and or group, if I am in dungeons.

Once again, I know that is going to take a lot of time and patients while experimenting. I want to macro any heavy hitter ranged abilities, I know it has to be done in such a way, so it will all fire off when I need it.
    Last edited by Smotpoker; 06-18-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Plane Touched

Keep posts constructive to the topic, and inviting to other members, please.

~The Trion Community Team
    Last edited by SaDiablo; 06-18-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Gery has a very well-written guide up on the forums. Gery's 61 Ranger DPS Guide

As you can see in the guide, very little is put into a macro. Aside from the Feral Aggression/Animalism/Twin Shot macro, the rest is just on the hotbar. You could macro Shadow Fire with Quick Shot and petattack, but it's a dps loss to use Shadow Fire on a target with 4cps.

The basic rotation would be (again taken from the guide):

Ace Shot > Shadow Fire > Piercing Shot/Quick Shot > Splinter Shot > Head Shot
    4*Quick Shot > Feral Aggression/Animalism+Twin Shot
    Quick Shot > Splinter Shot > Quick Shot > Quick Shot > Quick Shot > Twin Shot etc

It looks more complicated than it really is. Just use Feral Aggression/Animalism on cooldown, maintain Ace Shot, Splinter Shot, Beastial Wrath by using Head Shot, (if necessary) Piercing Shot, and spam Quick Shot (builder) and Twin Shot (finisher) otherwise. Just a little practice and it will become pretty simple.

I also must recommend the addon Karuul Alert for managing buffs/debuffs/dots/whatever else. It makes managing AS/SS/BW/PS a breeze. If you need help with ranger alerts I'd be happy to share mine.

+ Reply to Thread