+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for good rogue pve farmer.

Soulwalker

Default Looking for good rogue pve farmer.

As title says i am looking for good pve farmer build to simple grind mosnters

Telaran

That build has really weak AoE DPS, unfortunately. Riftstalker has a very slow killspeed, especially if you're in Guardian Phase for Planar Vortex.

Telaran

I use a very similar bulls but with assassin as a sub soul in place of bladedancer and find the kill speed is just fine with stalker phase and constant deviation up.

Telaran

Ive never had a issue with kill speed on that build, I usually run it with Constant deviation and sometimes stalker phase. On onslaughts or any large number of adds I can maintain 10k dps with 10+ adds and sometimes as much as 14k.

Main thing is , I finish my pack of adds, at 100 percent health and move on with no downtime. Really fun build.
    Last edited by Arlore; 06-16-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Altyrann View Post
    I use a very similar bulls but with assassin as a sub soul in place of bladedancer and find the kill speed is just fine with stalker phase and constant deviation up.
    Yeah, i ran with assassin for over bladedancer for the longest time, and enjoyed it , esspecially pre SL, What i do now is have both, but i really do enjoy it with bladedancer mixed in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlore View Post
    Ive never had a issue with kill speed on that build, I usually run it with Constant deviation and sometimes stalker phase. On onslaughts or any large number of adds I can maintain 10k dps with 10+ adds and sometimes as much as 14k.
    Yeah, that's really low. I can do 10k single target with my Bladedancer build even in Blade Tempo, the weakest dance. It's higher than that during other dances, especially Dualism. On AoE, I can easily pull over 20k sustained DPS, with spikes of 35k+ over 6-12 second intervals.

Main thing is , I finish my pack of adds, at 100 percent health and move on with no downtime. Really fun build.
    Pretty much any build with Curative Engine and Boosted Recovery will have zero downtime.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-16-2013 at 07:07 PM.

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Pretty much any build with Curative Engine and Boosted Recovery will have zero downtime.
    The issue with bosted recovery is that you don't get any healing until something dies, and curative engine doesn't scale with multiple opponents. So when pulling 4-5 things you can start taking a lot of damage quickly with no help until the first thing dies, which happens slowly (BD AOE is mediocre at best).

Honestly after 4 60s I find the rogue to be the worst soloer. I don't think I thought this at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    The issue with bosted recovery is that you don't get any healing until something dies, and curative engine doesn't scale with multiple opponents. So when pulling 4-5 things you can start taking a lot of damage quickly with no help until the first thing dies, which happens slowly (BD AOE is mediocre at best).
    Curative Engine does scale up with more enemies, because a single mob doesn't attack fast enough to make it proc on every ICD, although it usually tops out around 3 mobs or so.

Where you really start to see scaling self-healing is with Vampiric Essence on both weapons in a Bladedancer spec. I can solo 5+ of the elite mobs in Greenscale's Crater at once. I can even solo that one Mutant Heart group daily without any help beyond a single healing potion, and it might be possible to do it without even that, although it'd be pretty touch-and-go.

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    Honestly after 4 60s I find the rogue to be the worst soloer. I don't think I thought this at 50.
    You're probably not using the right spec, then.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-16-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Telaran

Muspel , If your Bladedancer can do 10 k with a cooldown , I am happy for you bud. I am sure the AOE dps build you recommend does more dps, it must if your doing 10k min while your mostly striking just 5 at a time, But the build I am recommending constantly hits 10 at a time. It may do less per hit, but it makes up for it by hitting more at a time. As to dps, if i ever farm enough IS to get me a good dps set I will see what kind of dmg increase i can get, but for now my tanking gear will do just fine.

As to self healing, I go min 41 points in for planar rejuvenation which outheals curative engine and boosted recovery. Anyway the combination of more self healing and and being able to AE more targets up close is why I really like this build.

Muspel , If your Bladedancer can do 10 k with a cooldown , I am happy for you bud. I am sure the AOE dps build you recommend does more dps, it must if your doing 10k min while your mostly striking just 5 at a time,
    It does 20k with 5 mobs, actually, and that number can easily go up to 35k or more with Blade and Soul Parity. The 10k I mentioned was for fighting a single enemy.

But the build I am recommending constantly hits 10 at a time. It may do less per hit, but it makes up for it by hitting more at a time. As to dps, if i ever farm enough IS to get me a good dps set I will see what kind of dmg increase i can get, but for now my tanking gear will do just fine.
    Being able to hit 10 targets would be a point in its favor if you actually fought that many mobs with any kind of regularity. It's extremely rare to be able to pull more than six or seven enemies at a time, and even on packs of that, Bladedancer will kill them more than twice as fast while surviving better.

As to self healing, I go min 41 points in for planar rejuvenation which outheals curative engine and boosted recovery. Anyway the combination of more self healing and and being able to AE more targets up close is why I really like this build.
    The extra damage that Bladedancer does translates into drastically higher self-healing via Vampiric Essence. And Planar Rejuvenation heals for far less than Curative Engine, by the way.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-16-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Telaran

I am usually in gaurdian phase which reduces currative engine by 30 percent and the More HP my build carrys(34.5k) will make planar rejuv heal more per tic. As to burst I can burst 15 to 16 k, and once a gimicked 114k ( yes, at the end of a zone event when the dmg resist debuff builds on the remaining invaders).

As to being able to hit more then 5-6 at once regularly, its not really that hard to find and what I seek as it is my playstyle. Zone events, Onslaughts after they start, any old dungeon(which i love to farm solo) and chronicles where the mobs will keep following you and not drop off after a short distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestas View Post
    As title says i am looking for good pve farmer build to simple grind mosnters
    Well I lvl up as a sin...
    I kill mobs pretty fast and loose hp only, when fighting 3 mobs +, which happens pretty rarely...
    Also perma stealth is pretty nice, when I enter in some crowded areas with mobs or defiants to avoid them and attack when I want...
    Last edited by Sunshiro; 06-16-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Soulwalker

Can you post your blade dancer build ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast