Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Community Project: 2.3 essence bis list, weighted for popular specs

Default Rogue 2.3 BIS list (updates 6/18)

Community- I'm in need of the following information.

* Weights for 61 Assassin, 61 ranger, and Tacman specs. (including weap DPS weights so I can add weapons)
    * DPS and uptime of procs on essences and trinkets

Please continue to help out and supply info, corrections, suggestions. This list is only as good as you help me make it.

I recommend you copy this to your own google drive (File > Make a copy) and you can play with the numbers yourself.

Change Log-

6/16/13 Updates:

- Using Durango's weights for nb-sin, would like community feedback which weights they want as default
    - Added Durango’s 61 Bard Weights
    - Added section to guestimate value of self stat procs on greaters*
    - Corrected some data errors
    - Added more tier essences and modified some proc notes

*Had all sorts of problems with every solution I tried, settled on a less elegant method. At least it works. Would have preferred to have the greaters in-line with the lessers however this threw off the ability for the lessers to sort correctly.

6/18/13 Updates:

- Added Warrior essences
    - Added rune info*
    - Added known (to me) trinket info

* Note Rune info may help you or your guild plan which upgrades are the BIGGEST, since recipes are so expensive. EG, Lustrous Rage Runeshard provides 4 * 9 = 36 upgrade over the old 32 ap rune for _one_ recipe. Biggest recipe you can get.

URL of 2.3 BIS list - in progress as I have time.

TinyURL
    http://tinyurl.com/RogueBIS2-3

Full URL
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0
    Last edited by Hodor; 06-18-2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: For evil purposes

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    THIRD-
    Has anyone tested if we can socket more then one of the “same” essence in our sigil, IF it is upgraded to the relic version? IE, can I have the relic Hunt Legend Shade Stalker’s Greater Brimstone *and* the un-upgraded Hunt Legend Shade Stalker’s Brimstone in the same sigil? If so, this one Torvan essence could be BIS x3.
    I have the fire lesser and both of its upgrade path greaters in my sigil on live. So they are all unique and separate items and can be used at the same time. Uptime seems good, depends a bit on the spec though.

If I had the choice I would have used the air essence with AP proc or the earth lesser with crit proc instead of the fire lesser with dps proc. But now I just had to go with what I could get and the difference between them is quite small. The dps from the proc is 60-90 or so.

What percentage of time would you say the 103 cp proc is active?

If, as an example, it seems to be up 20% of the time, we can then pad (103cp / 5) to that essence's cp stats, making it even more valuable on the bis list. If proc rates match on other greaters, the same thing can be done with them too, changing the bis list order quite a bit.

Note I've already discovered and fixed 1 data discrepancy so the sort is off. Just go by the number in the fields.

Thanks

RIFT Guide Writer

I feel trolled by trion now. The CP proc actually doesn't do anything other than display a buff in your buff bar and character sheet. The actual stat is not calculated in the damage formulas.

Anyway the proc has more like 60-70% uptime. I've seen others talk about near 100% uptimes but I don't see it.

Hopefully to be fixed soon.

I did some quick napkin math and assuming a conservative (according to your %s) 60% proc uptime, when they fix it, it puts the 103 cp proc greater in the low 180's, the 81 ap proc water essence in the low 170's (huge improvement over the non upgraded version), and the 120 phys crit proc in the low 160's for weight value in nb-sin.

Rift Disciple

The following is taken from rift scene nb/sin stat weights and I do not claim to be correct. These are all rogue high dex ones

1. brimstone + charred flamesource
    2. hailshard + invigorating stormsource
    3. sandstone + reinforced stonesource
    4. brimstone + searing flamesource (last one to upgrade imo)
    5. lifewood + demulcent (dps no need to upgrade)
    6. explorer's deathbane (lycini)

no matter if the proc uptime is 60-70% or 90% the order above won't change, dps will want to upgrade 1,2,3 maybe 4. Bard should check spreadsheet the most important for bard would be rotward + nefarious

untested shade stalker's deepstone + Illuminated tidesource would this proc for tact? I have no money to test. It would be 2nd bis for dps tact if it does (think I will skip tho)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lSEtwYWc#gid=5

Previewing all the upgraded lessers showed them as greaters.. and you can have 2 greaters in a sigil.

So more then likely you will want the 2 best greaters, and the 4 next best lessers. There is enough information in this thread to give me a rough idea of what we'd want.

But we need more info on other spec stat weights and greater proc fixes before the list is more concrete. I will wait til someone can supply more weights on the missing specs before I post an update to the list.

For now I only bought the cape and the Hunt Legend Shade Stalker's Brimstone, cuz those were the safest purchases to start using my planarite.

I did do a little testing, you can actually have two Hunt Legend Shade Stalker Brimstones in your pack because they are "Unique Equip". So if you want to spend on a 2nd, just to not be at planarite cap, and plan on getting the 103cp proc later, you can.

Is anyone good w/google docs? I'm working on the spreadsheet locally in excel and want to re-upload or copy a page up without changing the url. Is that possible? Just pm me so we don't spam others. Thanks
    Last edited by Hodor; 06-15-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Ascendant

bard weights are in the range of AP:1, PC:.16, CP:.32

Ascendant

also your weights for NB/SIN are incorrect. They should be AP:1, CP: .56, PC: .27

Hey Durango thanks for those 61 bard weights. Do you happen to know a weight for the DPS in case I include weapons in the future?

The original list has Mayi's NB-SIN weights from his NB SIN spec post.Which does the community feel is more accurate?

There will be a BIG update coming soon including some new features which will change the bis list order.

I don't have guide writer so updated will be posted in line. Or if someone is good w/google docs excel and can tell me how to copy/paste my local .xls to the google doc ver without losing formulas, please PM me.

Thanks
    Last edited by Hodor; 06-16-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Update today 6/16/13

Changes:
    Using Durango's weights for nb-sin, would like community feedback which weights they want as default
    Added Durango’s 61 Bard Weights
    Added section to guestimate value of self stat procs on greaters*
    Corrected some data errors
    Added more tier essences and modified some proc notes

*Had all sorts of problems with every solution I tried, settled on a less elegant method. At least it works. Would have preferred to have the greaters in-line with the lessers however this threw off the ability for the lessers to sort correctly.

Should still be able to access through original URL, but if you can't, here is the current location:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FM0loWkE#gid=0

Please let me know any feedback.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    Update today 6/16/13

Changes:
    Using Durango's weights for nb-sin, would like community feedback which weights they want as default
    Added Durango’s 61 Bard Weights
    Added section to guestimate value of self stat procs on greaters*
    Corrected some data errors
    Added more tier essences and modified some proc notes

Should still be able to access through original URL, but if you can't, here is the current location:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FM0loWkE#gid=0

Please let me know any feedback.
    You should probably add in the STR heavy ones as well. If you want, you can copy/paste from: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...xSjY2X0E#gid=0

AP 1
    Dex .95
    CP .66
    Str .42
    Crit .31

Those are the weights I used based off the two main specs I play (MM and NB).
    These are my results

Brimstone 152.03
    Deathbane 150.27
    Grounding Stone 149.11
    Sandstone 144.81
    Lifewood 141.95
    Rotward 141.29
    Deepstone 130.34
    Hailshard 128.48
    Lightbender 127.26

Brimstone Greater 206.41
    Hailshard Greater 193.28
    (AP greater uptime based off my CP greater uptime results - around 80%)

So the question I'm presented with and have no idea about, is whether the Fire proc off Brimstone (estimated to be around 90 DPS) is worth the 41.25 point drop from Hailshard.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

you didn't put the warrior ones in there

Lithmydorfnutz@Greybriar (warrior)<-Vendetta->> (New main for 3.0)
    Lithmygoo@Greybriar (rogue) <Terrible Idea> 4 LYF! <-Vendetta->
    Lithdezheals@seastone (cleric) <Forgotten Few><Tears of Blood>
    Liththemagicdragon@seastone (mage)

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    you didn't put the warrior ones in there
    Because the highest scoring Str essence doesn't beat out any of the top 4 Dex essences.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast