+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassination or Nightblade?

Soulwalker

Default Assassination or Nightblade?

I'm going about this for PvP reasons, because you know.. PvP is fun.

Anyways, I'm still at level 20 now and I'm looking further down the trees at what I should pick for PvP and what I get is is these two specs are very simmilar to what I've been playing from on other MMO's. Fammiliarity being stealth, poisons, vanish.. etc..

Basically, from what I understand, Assassination is just a rogue from WoW. You get blinds, vanish, poisons, and the final tier talent being something simmilar to shadow dance with the ability to use something out of stealth (Sounds handy for the stun). The Nightblade spec also looks very simmilar, in regards to how it also has a stealth element.

My question is, which is better to put points into for PvP Purposes? I've also noticed Sin has absolutely no form of snare effect, yet NB has 1 at level 11. Having poor Australian internet, because you know, 400 mbps daily is pretty sad, does one outperform the other?
    Last edited by Burnzey; 06-15-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Assassin has 2 stuns... 3 if you count incap and... how exactly are those not snares? Oh.. right a snare allows the other guy to hit back.

Diminishing returns will likely rob you of much of these skill's usefulness.

Also I think the snare you are speaking of in NB can actually be attained at level 6.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by llortmurof View Post
    Assassin has 2 stuns... 3 if you count incap and... how exactly are those not snares? Oh.. right a snare allows the other guy to hit back.

Diminishing returns will likely rob you of much of these skill's usefulness.

Also I think the snare you are speaking of in NB can actually be attained at level 6.

Snare = crippling the target to reduce movement speed.

Stuns = crippling to target to do nothing at all. Stuns are subject to DR, where snares are not. If you ever try PvPing at 400 ms you will understand how snares are a Godsend, it just makes it easier to reach your target if they happen to jump around the place and youre following a ghost.

However this does not answer the question in which is better for level 60

+ Reply to Thread