+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Augments for seals and other craftables - pure dex, dex+ap, or something else?

Default Augments for seals and other craftables - pure dex, dex+ap, or something else?

Had a look but couldn't see anything obvious on the subject, and the search function on these forums is no good at all. I seem to recall that hybrid augments gave you more total stats than pure ones, is that still the case? And is AP still the top DPS stat to go for most of the time?
    Stubbo - Zaviel EU

It depends on the spec.

Aside from Bard (Dex+AP) and RS (End), the ideal augment for dps is Insidious (Dex+CP) correct?

Quote Originally Posted by alltoreup21 View Post
    Aside from Bard (Dex+AP) and RS (End), the ideal augment for dps is Insidious (Dex+CP) correct?
    Only for some specs. Bladedancer, for instance, wants Dex+AP, because of Duelist Pose and Fated Blades.

The general rule of thumb is that if a spec has particularly high crit chances (like Marksman, which has 10% extra crit on basically every attack), then crit power is an extremely appealing stat. For specs that don't, AP is often better, or at least very competitive. Especially if those specs have talents that make AP especially appealing, like Bard and Bladedancer.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-15-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Eh, it's not the top-end one I'm making yet (looked at the material costs and quickly dismissed that idea) so I just put dex+AP on it. I'm nowhere near the stage where I actually need to start thinking about BIS gear and I'm not planning on tying myself down to one main spec any time soon.

On the subject of stat priorities, is crit% still soft capped? Last time I was actually doing any endgame stuff, crit on gear was basically a junk stat because everyone was virtually at the soft cap just from dex, and I'm not sure that crit power was even a thing then.
    Stubbo - Zaviel EU

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    On the subject of stat priorities, is crit% still soft capped? Last time I was actually doing any endgame stuff, crit on gear was basically a junk stat because everyone was virtually at the soft cap just from dex, and I'm not sure that crit power was even a thing then.
    no one is even close to being close to being close to crit soft cap! And likely won't be until SL Tier 5 raids at the earliest. They mega over corrected the soft cap problem.

If you want something viable for every spec, go with Dex+AP.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

+ Reply to Thread