+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rounded
  • 1 Post By Sefik

Thread: Why I can't hold all these spells?

Default Why I can't hold all these spells?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/36538338.jpg

How I am supposed to do all these spells? It occupies my whole bar!
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/88...8266E2A644B79/
    Last edited by cyberdelic; 06-14-2013 at 11:47 PM.

You just have very bad organization.

Welcome to Rift, we eat your brain cells for lunch while you try to figure out the souls.

Macros will free that clutter for a bit, obviously you can't make one macro to rule them all, but you can cut the clutter by a lot if you just see if something is macroable.

You might also want to look into using more points in MM instead of Bard for increased damage output, tactician has enough survivability without bard already. Just take +damage and +AP talents, you now have cut skilsl you will be using down by about 6.
    Last edited by Rounded; 06-15-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Shadowlander

My second bar has Shift modifiers so I can bind skills to Shift 1-5. I also have a bar dedicated to buffs, since you can click those without worrying too much if they have long cooldowns. I also binded Q and E with important spells, since good players will bind strafe to A and D.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    You just have very bad organization.
    I know that

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Welcome to Rift, we eat your brain cells for lunch while you try to figure out the souls.

Macros will free that clutter for a bit, obviously you can't make one macro to rule them all, but you can cut the clutter by a lot if you just see if something is macroable.

You might also want to look into using more points in MM instead of Bard for increased damage output, tactician has enough survivability without bard already. Just take +damage and +AP talents, you now have cut skilsl you will be using down by about 6.
    I used bard for support. Yea i think i will not spend all points in tactic to get less spells.

Telaran

Or you can do it old school and bind your bars to Mod+#

Why I can't hold all these spells?-far.jpg

I had to do a bit of UI tweaking to get things to line up properly for me, and that meant bastardizing the Bar 1. If I could get the thing to display without being ohmigawd huge (meaning all of the extra graphics around it) I'd be able to go with one less horizontal bar (I'm technically using bar 2 as my 1 to = keys).

I use plain 1 to =, then the same keys with ALT, CTRL, and SHIFT as modifiers to access the others. I've never been a fan of macros and would rather hit the key I want at a specific time instead. The last horizontal I have on the left is bound to ALT+SHIFT and I use those on my mouse for very quick access to emergency skills.

Use more hotkeys. Any number key past 4 or 5 is really inconvenient to hit and really shouldn't be used as a keybind.

Most of the letter keys on the left side of the keyboard are much better options, and you can do Shift variants of them as well. I have over 25 keybinds that I can easily access without needing to stretch my hand across the keyboard, and I play most specs with only one or two macros.

Also, if you have a gaming mouse with extra buttons, like a Razer Naga, it's a big help.

Jbl

Sword of Telara

macros make life easier.

And you need to really look and decide if you need all those abilities...just because you have them, does not mean you need to use them. there is lots of repitition between souls esp at low level, so you can usually ditch a lot of abilities as essentially duplicates.

And macro the rest to reduce amount of actual buttons you push.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

http://harmoniumrift.enjin.com/profi...92#pid=1771028

This is how my Tactman hotbars are set up.

Tact/Bard is not as effective anymore. You're probably better off going 61 bard if you're running support, or Tact/MM for dps. $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Use more hotkeys. Any number key past 4 or 5 is really inconvenient to hit and really shouldn't be used as a keybind.

Most of the letter keys on the left side of the keyboard are much better options, and you can do Shift variants of them as well. I have over 25 keybinds that I can easily access without needing to stretch my hand across the keyboard, and I play most specs with only one or two macros.

Also, if you have a gaming mouse with extra buttons, like a Razer Naga, it's a big help.
    pff, I can reach all keys! +1 for keyboard turning

2 words will solve ur button problems.........razer naga

corded link
    http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-naga
    wireless
    http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-naga-epic

i found my wired one in best buy. i have 36 in game buttons bound to the 12 keys on the side via shift and ctrl and i use nowhere NEAR that many thx to macros
    Last edited by Rodelis; 06-15-2013 at 11:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread