+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can rogue have shields?

Default Can rogue have shields?

Title, or riftstalker tanks with dual wield?

Rogues cannot equip shields, no.

They tank with dual-wield daggers/swords/axes.
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

Is there any preference? In most MMO's, tanks use faster weapons because of energy reasons, but I don't see weapon speed affecting skills in Rift or maybe I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radsta View Post
    Is there any preference? In most MMO's, tanks use faster weapons because of energy reasons, but I don't see weapon speed affecting skills in Rift or maybe I missed it.
    Typically it's whatever has the better tanking stats.
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

Weapon speed doesn't matter at all for tanks.

Or for any spec, really-- it has an incredibly minor effect on Nightblade, but even that just has a minimal impact on how bursty the damage is, by slightly increasing the rate at which you use up SoD procs. It doesn't affect overall DPS.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-13-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Ok, tnx for the info. One more thing, I have a role for tanking (ns/ranger/bard) and one for support/healing (bard/ns/nightblade). I have an extra role slot, was thinking a dps role, but dunno what to choose as my initial soul. Nightblade looks nice, but I don't know if it has optimal dps. Any suggestions?(I don't have the expansion souls,at least not yet, so no tactician for a while)

Title, or riftstalker tanks with dual wield?
    Riftstalker tanks with dual daggers/axes/swords. In particular, you'll want two weapons with Deflect (the equivalent of block for Rogues) on them, as well as a tanky bow/gun (you won't be using it at all, it's basically a stat stick).
    60 Mage - Althira, Faeblight
    Temporal Insurgence

I have an extra role slot, was thinking a dps role, but dunno what to choose as my initial soul. Nightblade looks nice, but I don't know if it has optimal dps. Any suggestions?(I don't have the expansion souls,at least not yet, so no tactician for a while)
    Is this for dungeons or raids?

Ok, tnx for the info. One more thing, I have a role for tanking (ns/ranger/bard) and one for support/healing (bard/ns/nightblade). I have an extra role slot, was thinking a dps role, but dunno what to choose as my initial soul. Nightblade looks nice, but I don't know if it has optimal dps. Any suggestions?(I don't have the expansion souls,at least not yet, so no tactician for a while)
    Marksman is good DPS and is relatively simple to play.

Ranger is better DPS but is slightly more complicated and relies on a pet.

Nightblade and Bladedancer are currently a little lacking in the DPS department.

Assassin is currently a rogue's best DPS spec, but it requires you to be behind your target to maximize your damage.

There's also a rather effective hybrid between Assassin and Nightblade. DPS sits higher than Ranger but lower than pure Assassin.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 06-13-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Is this for dungeons or raids?
    I will probably use my bard for raids, both dps and healing. So i would say dungeons. Is there that much of a difference between them? In most games i played, i ran same dps spec in both

I will probably use my bard for raids, both dps and healing. So i would say dungeons. Is there that much of a difference between them? In most games i played, i ran same dps spec in both
    Most rogue DPS specs are energy starved without a certain buff, which you won't have in many dungeon groups.

I'd go with Marksman. It's not energy starved, it has utility skills that are vital for certain bosses, it does solid DPS, and it has decent AoE. It's not the best spec for some fights, but it's usually not too far behind the optimal choice. If you're only going to have a single DPS spec, Marksman is the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Marksman is good DPS and is relatively simple to play.

Ranger is better DPS but is slightly more complicated and relies on a pet.

Nightblade and Bladedancer are currently a little lacking in the DPS department.

Assassin is currently a rogue's best DPS spec, but it requires you to be behind your target to maximize your damage.

There's also a rather effective hybrid between Assassin and Nightblade. DPS sits higher than Ranger but lower than pure Assassin.
    61 Ranger is now ahead of NB/Sin though incredibly starved and, whilst its AE dps is crappy, the addition of @gtae is a small QoL bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    61 Ranger is now ahead of NB/Sin though incredibly starved and, whilst its AE dps is crappy, the addition of @gtae is a small QoL bonus.
    Ah, forgive my misinformation, then! Stopped paying as much attention to this sort of thing after work forced me to stop raiding.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread