+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Aliah
  • 2 Post By BigManShawn

Thread: So you want to Transmorg your annoying gun into a nice bow? DON'T

Default So you want to Transmorg your annoying gun into a nice bow? DON'T

You will be most disappointed by the result. You'll get a bow yes, but it will have no animation and no sound. You just kinda hold it out in front of you sideways and that's all.

Save your credits.
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Soulwalker

Thanks alot, this was the first thing i wanted to do :<

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aliah View Post
    You will be most disappointed by the result. You'll get a bow yes, but it will have no animation and no sound. You just kinda hold it out in front of you sideways and that's all.

Save your credits.
    Just relog and should work fine.

Plane Touched

all you have to do is un-equip the item then re-equip it

Yep works fine for me, scary post turns out, is not scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliah View Post

Save your credits.
    Good point... I've changed my bow to a world even bow, (Summerfest)... haven't noticed... if I ever can get back on my server... I'll have to take a look.

A question,
    is the tre transmorg item a 1 time use? You need to buy another one every time you want to change a wep skin?
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Well this is good to know then. False alarm. Sadly I panicked and used a 2nd transmorg to return my gun back to it's original state, wasting two of them for no reason I suppose in the end.

I never even considered that I would need to relog to make it work properly, they didn't include that in the instructions.

Lesson learned, and there is peace in the valley again
    Last edited by Aliah; 06-14-2013 at 03:59 AM. Reason: nvm
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Ascendant

Don't even need to relog. Simply unequipping your 'transmogged' weapons then re-equipping them again will fix the animation bug.

I had a similar brief panic after transmogging both my daggers into a lovely curved sword model instead.
    Last edited by Kedon; 06-14-2013 at 05:48 AM.

oh wow, didn't realize you could change weapon type(sword> dagger or bow > gun) figured it was one skin into another(make an epic sword look like the level 0 starter)

anyone know if you can change to gear you can't technically equip, such as bow > wand or plate armor on a mage?

You morphed an equipped item? I assumed it would be better to unequip it first and use it that way.

Interesting note, I had made the level 51 gantimite pike with an augment and it had glitched the display of the endurance stat. After hitting it with a new weapon skin, the glitch sorted itself out and the real endurance value was shown. (I submitted a bug report and a followup).

The one thing that's kind of a hassle now is I have a skin on a BOP item on Character A and I want to use it on Character B, and it was an off-class random daily dungeon reward. So I'm hoping to find that skin in the auction house for character B. Maybe people will start saying "well this weapon sucks but the skin is cool, I'll toss it on the AH for a bit more than the vendor price and see if I make some profit."

Soulwalker

Interesting note, I had made the level 51 gantimite pike with an augment and it had glitched the display of the endurance stat. After hitting it with a new weapon skin, the glitch sorted itself out and the real endurance value was shown. (I submitted a bug report and a followup).
    Showing the wrong stats was a common problem when you linked a crafted item from back in the day. Interesting that that problem is still around in some sort of fasion. XD

Soulwalker

please change post or delete. this is a totally misleading thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    A question,
    is the tre transmorg item a 1 time use? You need to buy another one every time you want to change a wep skin?
    Yes it's consumable...

+ Reply to Thread