+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Valfador

Thread: How does retreat work?

Soulwalker

Default How does retreat work?

The tooltip says "leap backwards", but most of the time character leaps forward while turning 180 degrees. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, it leaps backward. I dont need to mention how friggin annoying it is when used to escape in pvp: it leaps in wrong direction straight into the enemy. I tested it in open space, with no enemies, and its really random, sometimes leaps forward and sometimes backwards. Is it bugged or what? Using it in pvp is really pointless right now :/
    Last edited by Wanderlei; 06-12-2013 at 02:09 AM.

I've never seen it do that. It's always worked perfectly as described when I've used it. Are you experiencing lag because your character may not be facing the way you think it is. Alternatively it's possible people are pulling you in simultaneously when you retreat.
    Nope.

Mei

It doesn't, a lot of the time.
    Fluent

Soulwalker

I did some additional testing and it seems that if i run forward character leaps forward and turns around, if i stand still or run backwards it leaps backwards. But there are still times when it leaps in wrong direction while running forward. Its broken like hell. At first i thought that someone is pulling me too, but im doing that testing on an empty field in freemarch. I dont think its lag, im playing on eu servers (im from eu) and i didnt notice any dely. Couldnt they make it work just like disengage in WoW? I mean they already copied the skill form WoW, how about make it right?

I don't think I've ever tried to use it while running forward, possibly explained why I don't experience bugs with it.
    Nope.

It's works weird as hell. If you have your camera angle even slightly looking at the ground or some awkward direction it'll fling you in some random direction if your not facing completely straight. I hope it'll get fixed so that it works more like the warrior leap Elude that I've had no problem with.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Ascendant

It's just a very buggy version of Elude. Not to mention you look SO DUMB when it goes wrong and you fly right into the middle of the enemy, suspended in the middle of the air. Rage.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

RIFT Guide Writer

If you are actively moving to a direction then retreat will move you towards that same direction. If you are strafing then retreat moves you to the direction you are strafing and not the way you are facing or the opposite of that. Autorun does not count, you have to be pressing a movement button. If you stand still then it moves you backward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    If you are actively moving to a direction then retreat will move you towards that same direction. If you are strafing then retreat moves you to the direction you are strafing and not the way you are facing or the opposite of that. Autorun does not count, you have to be pressing a movement button. If you stand still then it moves you backward.
    This.

But, on occasion, it bugs out and throws you backwards no matter which way you're facing. Be careful with it.

sidenote: it is more prone to bugging out if you are mid-air during a jump.

I cannot stress how many times this has gotten me killed in pvp xD

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Retreat might just be the biggest troll skill ever, either it works and you'll be fine.
    Worst case it doesn't and you are as dead as the female character appearing in the first scene of a horror movie.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Fun fact: I only figured out how to control Retreat's direction a few months ago. Just goes to show how oblivious I can be.

Though that still doesn't hold a candle to how it took me a year to realize that character names on raid frames were colored according to class.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    This.

But, on occasion, it bugs out and throws you backwards no matter which way you're facing. Be careful with it.
    I haven't gotten it to throw me forward in a while, kind of annoying since that's the usual use for it in PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    It's just a very buggy version of Elude. Not to mention you look SO DUMB when it goes wrong and you fly right into the middle of the enemy, suspended in the middle of the air. Rage.
    Done this so many times with a stone, and everyone team is like WTF. So embarrassing

+ Reply to Thread