+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What gear should a pve rogue be looking for?

Prophet of Telara

Default What gear should a pve rogue be looking for?

As I lvl my rogue what stats should I focus on I know Dex is a major one, but is there a hit cap i should aim for?

Prophet of Telara

could not edit my org post.

Also have a question about Weapons. In other mmos I played rogues. it mattered what wep we had in what slot and always a debate about daggers vs swords

Is it the same in this game, is dagger main hand, sword off hand better or dagger/dagger ect.

Really want to get the most dps ect I will be focused on hardcore Raiding and pve and some pvp when i'm max lvl.

But while I pve doing dung as I lvl i want to start to understand what stats on gear i should look for hit caps ect what weps are best in what hand

Note I will be using http://www.riftscene.com/guides/clas...-5-nightblade/ for raiding the 61 sin/10 mark/5night blade as I prefer to play a melee rogue simular to WoW rogues.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 06-11-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Look for gear that has higher dexterity than strength, and doesn't have any tanking stats (dodge/parry/deflect). As a broad rule of thumb while leveling, AP>Crit Power>Physical Crit. With full raid buffs, some builds change that priority to Crit Power>AP>Physical Crit.

It doesn't matter what type of weapon you use. Everything is normalized. Do make sure that the weapon with the higher WDPS is in your mainhand, though (unless you're playing Bladedancer, in which case it should be in your offhand).

There is a hit cap, but it's very different from what WoW has. Certain pieces of gear simply have hit, based on their tier-- for instance, every single ring has Hit. If it's a level 60 blue from a normal dungeon, it's 40 hit. Expert dungeon rings have 53 hit, and raid rings have 65. Each tier of content has a minimum amount of hit required, which you can see by mousing over the hit stat on your character sheet. You don't need to juggle hit like you do in other games-- it primarily serves as a gear gating mechanism in Rift.

One point to note is that from level 50, where you spend your PA points may influence your choice of weapons - or vice versa - as some nodes give a bonus to AP when you're using a specific weapon type. On this basis, daggers are the best choice, as all three PA trees which boost daggers also give "useful" stats, whereas Swords have one endurance tree and maces/axes have two. However that's an incredibly minor point and not really relevant unless you're looking at getting every last possible improvement - about the only time you'll want to let PA influence your choice of weapons is if you're picking between two which otherwise have more or less identical stats.
    Stubbo - Zaviel EU

+ Reply to Thread