+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current Staus of Rogue

Soulwalker

Default Current Staus of Rogue

Heya. I was just wondering how well a Rogue will perform in PvP and Raids at level 60 in comparison to a Mage. So far I have leveled both a Rogue and Mage to level 50, and have tested every soul. It seems that my Mage as a Pyro/Harbringer does a LOT more single target damage (and almost as good AoE) than any of the Rogue souls I have tried.

My question is, will Rogues begin to scale better 50+? What is their max level PvP/Raid damage like? As I am currently convinced that my Mage is tons stronger at the moment (judging by my 1-50 leveling experience and some PvP).

Most rogue specs are heavily reliant on their level 60 talents, such as Marksman's Free Recoil. Performance at lower levels is a very poor metric for comparison.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-10-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Many mage abilities crit more than rogues and as of right now mages are OP with crit power .So if your looking for damage then id go with mage .

Ascendant

From a PvP perspective, mage is currently better in most ways.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Mobility vs Lack Thereof, really.

Unless you've got Harb in your spec, you don't have any real mobility buffs. MM 0 ability gives you a nice 5 sec mobility burst, and most rogue specs have a 10~15s mobility buff or teleports to get that extra mobility if a boss uses a mass AoE

Also, most rogue abilities are instant cast. Some mage ones are, but they're usually fairy low damage.
    Eithel - 65 Rogue - Faeblight
    Hinokage - Eventual 65 Mage - Faeblight

Soulwalker

Ahh I see, thanks for the information. Interesting, I may just have to stick with a Mage for now, since I very much enjoy doing as much damage as humanly possible in most circumstances, and a Mage appears to do that very well.

It's kind of a shame though because I quite enjoyed playing Assassin/Nightblade in PvP on my Rogue... however if you say Rogues become equal/close to Mages at level 60 (in both PvP and PvE) then I may just have to level a Rogue at the same time or after I get my Mage to 60.

Dunno if this matters much but in open world PvP I have yet to be killed by a Mage while leveling. They just crumble.

In WFs Mages can bring the hurt though if they are smart, standing in the back picking off people, but again Marksmen can achieve this too with insane mobility.

I am like you and have a 50 Mage and currently a 44 Rogue (started him about 2 weeks ago) and so far tbh I enjoy the Rogue much more in PvP but to each his own.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzze View Post
    Many mage abilities crit more than rogues and as of right now mages are OP with crit power .So if your looking for damage then id go with mage .
    Do tell how much crit power you are running around with please.

Soulwalker

So does anyone have any raid damage meter statistics? I'd just like to see how well a Rogue and Mage perform in comparison. Would a Mage come out with slightly higher DPS, with a Rogue following just short? Or perhaps vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Siegmar View Post
    So does anyone have any raid damage meter statistics? I'd just like to see how well a Rogue and Mage perform in comparison. Would a Mage come out with slightly higher DPS, with a Rogue following just short? Or perhaps vice versa?
    Mages currently do more damage on an ST burn because Pyromancer is super-overpowered. That will probably change in the future.

However, rogues have Tactman, which is the strongest cleave spec in the game. It's absolutely vital for some of the most difficult encounters in the game, like hardmode Gelidra.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Mages currently do more damage on an ST burn because Pyromancer is super-overpowered. That will probably change in the future.

However, rogues have Tactman, which is the strongest cleave spec in the game. It's absolutely vital for some of the most difficult encounters in the game, like hardmode Gelidra.
    Oh I see, thank you for this. If Pyro is indeed very overpowered (which from what I have seen is very, very true) then if a Mage used any other spec (e.g. Harbringer or whatever else is their second best DPS), then they would be on par with Rogues (e.g. Tactician or Marksman)?

+ Reply to Thread