+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP and bypassing resistance

Soulwalker

Default PVP and bypassing resistance

How much does this matter(if at all)?
    Example; Nightblade Scorch and Wither 3/3 non-physical attacks ignore 15% of resistance. Does this do anything in PVP? Or would these points be better spent(this isn't a 61 build) in a direct boost in damage(Like eventide, or enhanced weap enchant)?

Thanks

Soulwalker

and here i thought i posted this in rogue discussion... *sigh*

Example; Nightblade Scorch and Wither 3/3 non-physical attacks ignore 15% of resistance
    it depends if you use twilight strike , fiery strike and flame thrust in your build, if you do I would say to use the 3/3 on non-physical attacks that ignore 15% of resistance because it will apply to those abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Magevro View Post
    and here i thought i posted this in rogue discussion... *sigh*
    There is 13 minutes between your post and your response. That's all I'm going to say.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    There is 13 minutes between your post and your response. That's all I'm going to say.
    And? I accidentally posted it in the Guides forum and it was moved. I'm afraid I don't understand what the 13 minutes has to do with it.

it depends if you use twilight strike , fiery strike and flame thrust in your build, if you do I would say to use the 3/3 on non-physical attacks that ignore 15% of resistance because it will apply to those abilities
    Ya I know those attacks are non physical, I just meant how much of a DPS increase would I see from that...talent..as opposed to one that raises the damage directly. As in Eventide: 2/2 raises damage of twilight strike and dusk strike by 5/10%.

How much damage increase you get would depend on the resistance of your target (fire and death in the case of NB) since it's a percentage.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Magevro View Post
    And? I accidentally posted it in the Guides forum and it was moved. I'm afraid I don't understand what the 13 minutes has to do with it.

Ya I know those attacks are non physical, I just meant how much of a DPS increase would I see from that...talent..as opposed to one that raises the damage directly. As in Eventide: 2/2 raises damage of twilight strike and dusk strike by 5/10%.
    My apologies I thought you were being facetious about the lack of a response. My bad.

How much damage increase you get would depend on the resistance of your target (fire and death in the case of NB) since it's a percentage.
    1.this is a good point since everyone's resistance is different tier's you would quess your dps will be higher on those with lower death and fire resistance..2.Your going to need six points after already spending 24 points in NB switch in your case means putting atleast 1/1 in ebon fury, 2/3or 3/3 in nightstalker 2/2 in eventide (as you stated)and 1/1 in scourge of darkness to unlock Scorch and wither...like I said before put 3/3 there and 1/1 dusk to dawn you that should open up ingited weapons and put 2/2 there depening how many points your using in nb..

I Feel like this should now be in Rogue Guides..lols

Ascendant

example

Ability bypasses 10% of the target's resistance
    Target has 20% resistance to fire.
    You bypass 10%, which means their mitigation against your ability is 18%

+ Reply to Thread