+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trap Happy Ranger/Marksman/Hunter/Whatever Questions.

Soulwalker

Default Trap Happy Ranger/Marksman/Hunter/Whatever Questions.

Evening! Like all the other new posters, I played the game back in 2011, and came back a couple weeks ago. But I'm not interested in the "most DPS" or "most OP" build. I'm also not interested in starting another MM vs Ranger thread which seems to happen here frequently.

Moving on.

I'm looking for a kiting/trap happy ranged build. I've played other games in a similar style, both for solo levelling and to be a nuisance for the enemy team in PvP so my team can cap. :3

Saboteur seems to be the only soul with traps. Are there any others that I am missing for rogues?

I've added Sab to a weird Marksman/Ranger mix. I'm unsure about adding a 40th point to MM for Retreat or a 16th point to Ranger for the flat speed increase by Fleeting Instincts. With y'alls history of the game, which point would be better for this sort of build?

I've also tried Riftstalker to replace Ranger, but the teleport didn't seem worth it over losing a pet.

And about that pet - am I blind, or is there not a spell for a pet higher than level 30? I must be blind.

Or am I doing this completely wrong? Is there another class with souls that can be played like this?

Thanks in advance.

Saboteur and Marksman are probably the two best specs for the playstyle you mention. Marksman has a couple of knockbacks and a root that are very useful for kiting.

In order for pets to level above 30 or so you need the Greater versions, which you pick up at 24 points in Ranger, or the Blood Raptor which you can pick up at 31.

Soulwalker

Thanks! Yeah, I went on the PTS after I posted. So far, I'm liking 40-41 mm/24-25 ranger/11 sab. A few of the starter points might get moved around as I find what will help my dps or mobility. It will be fun testing it out in pvp.

You could try something crazy like a split of Riftstalker and Saboteur.

Traps and 4-5 blinks, self shielding/healing and you have nice tankability to mass pull and use Sab stuff to AoE down? Lol
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

+ Reply to Thread