+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Calo

Thread: Sin Melee PvP build

Default Sin Melee PvP build

Hey folks when I was playing RIFT waaaaaay before SL I was using a Sin/RS PvP build that I loved. I have so far read several posts on the forums saying that the spec is pretty much dead now since SL came out. So I have been searching trying to find a Sin melee PvP spec that is still good but cannot seem to find one (unless I am blind).

I am currently level 42 and basically just looking for something geared towards perma stealth that I can use in open world PvP and Warfronts that is viable. I have tried a pure NB/Sin spec that had perma stealth but it was really squishy due to lack of any CDs. I was considering a spec that was all Sin with 8 RS/4 Tact in it.

If anybody could kindly point me in the right direction I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Ascendant

61 sin is the best. Sin/RS isn't really viable because you lose so much damage by not going 61.

The overall damage sin puts out now is better, imo, than it was pre-SL (I have played on and off for 2 years now). The main problem with sin is that 1) it is melee and melee is overall bad in Rift and 2) Sin doesn't have any kick *** ranged abilities like warriors have to supplement their 61RB build. Without shock pulse, 61 RB wouldn't be the beast it is.

61 sin hits very hard and is great in 1v1's, but you will find yourself being kited and ranged in WF's. However, a good player can still make it work and do well with it (especially if you have competent heals).

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    61 sin is the best. Sin/RS isn't really viable because you lose so much damage by not going 61.

The overall damage sin puts out now is better, imo, than it was pre-SL (I have played on and off for 2 years now). The main problem with sin is that 1) it is melee and melee is overall bad in Rift and 2) Sin doesn't have any kick *** ranged abilities like warriors have to supplement their 61RB build. Without shock pulse, 61 RB wouldn't be the beast it is.

61 sin hits very hard and is great in 1v1's, but you will find yourself being kited and ranged in WF's. However, a good player can still make it work and do well with it (especially if you have competent heals).
    Cool thanks for the info man. Will put together a 61 Sin build for fun and when I team up with my buddy who also runs Sin (we double jump healers in WFs). Been trying out MM/RNG build for PvP and so far pretty impressed with the damage and mobility. I also find that NB/RS/Tact is fun melee PvP that has better survival and gap closers. What I love about RIFT is being able to have sooooo many specs to play with.
    Last edited by Mogh; 06-09-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Sin/RS is great and is much more well rounded, it can put out a good amount of damage, cc, mobility and survivability to up against multiple players and walk away with kills by ccing.

61 sin is extremely squishy, if you don't kill your target in a matter of seconds you will easily die even to 1 person or to dots which is why it's a whole lot harder to pull off in warfronts against any competent player.

You'll often open up on someone get knocked backed + snare and they speed off to get reinforcements if you don't get your stun off fast enough or get stunned and blown up yourself.

You can't dps if your dead lol. The spec is FAR from dead, you just have to know how to use it.
    Last edited by Delmlord; 06-09-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Rift Disciple

61 Sin 11 MM 4 RS is a very good pvp spec. Once you learn how to use all the utilities, CC, ports and Slip Away, it becomes a fairly formidable spec. Especially in smaller-scale warfronts like Codex. Keep in mind that all 3 poisons do proc off of your ranged MM attacks so if someone tries to kite you, you aren't completely screwed.

Prophet of Telara

Must recommend 61Sin/13BD/2MM personally. The second gap closer along with hasted and swift shot is enough to keep you in range. The 15 sec sprint helps chase people down, even in stealth, and then you still have the second short duration sprint from MM. Finally, you get the interrupt, which is invaluable against casters.

Aside from that, learn to pick your targets, because there are some you won't be able to beat easily if they are halfway intelligent. Sin/RS isn't dead at all though. It is good to beat builds that don't have self heals and are more resilient, but will not have the burst to kill anything with self-heals...I don't know why anybody would run it though, because we always have NB/RS for that...
    Last edited by Calo; 06-09-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Hey folks thanks for the info. I will play around with specs (the beauty of Rift) and give Sin/MM and Sin/RS a shot to see how they go.

Again appreciate the help and lack of flaming you get in other game communities.

Soulwalker

I don't know how attached you are to sin..and I know what I'm doing is not as good on the DPS(atleast by all I've read), but I've been really enjoying NB/RS. My position isn't as restricted as Sin for damage(half of NB attacks/finishers are ranged) and I have alot of survivability from RS. Its...40/36 I believe(I'm only lvl 40 atm).

I use sin/Rs in pvp and im lvl 60 so im putting out decent amount of dps I think ill be doing much better if the damage increased form .5% to 1% per point spent in Rs , Im sure im not the only person who's thought of this but I haven't seen anyone else suggest it..im also the person that suggested impale from the sin tree to have a lower time of effect on a player since it is a finisher that requires you to be in melee range..

isnt sin better from stealth and bladedancer better for normal melee?
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    isnt sin better from stealth and bladedancer better for normal melee?
    no.

For the strongest 2.2 melee sin pvp build refer to

http://www.riftscene.com/guides/clas...15-nightblade/

best in the game and best you can get. Other melee sin specs are out of date crap.

what does... BETTER mean?
    this is pvp and "dps" dosent exactly mean anything. whats it better at?
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    what does... BETTER mean?
    this is pvp and "dps" dosent exactly mean anything. whats it better at?
    Exactly. There is putting out consistently high DPS, which can pressure healers, but then there is wtfburst that doesn't give them time to react.

For example, my Rogue in MM/Ranger seems to keep up or outdps my Mage in Archon/Pyro according to my DPS meter. Unfortunately, while I play well on both, the Rogue often has a hard time finishing people off with healers spamming heals because the damage is very level and predictable. The Mage, however, is harder to heal through because it is not predictable...it's kind of mediocre and then gets 3-4 massive hits in a row. If I'm spamming fireballs, they are only doing like 1400-1700 damage a pop...but then when I start nailing them with the hard hitting Archon abilities every 15 seconds, it's more like 2500(with a strong DoT attached)>3500>4000 followed by a massive 8k Cinderburst that will hit at the same time as that last hit if I get a proc for it, which is extremely too common...not much time to react for the healer. Then it's another 15 seconds of mediocrity.

I almost feel bad when someone with 20k HP starts attacking me when I'm at 60% life or so and I disarm them and them wtfbomb them in the duration of the disarm...somehow I know they are sitting at the spawn for a minute like "wtf just happened...mages are so OP!"...

Long and short, Burst>DPS for PvP.
    Last edited by Calo; 06-14-2013 at 12:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread