+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVE solo rogue questions

Soulwalker

Default PVE solo rogue questions

I just made a rogue character and I would like to level it with a Sin based spec. Im thinking Sin/Rift/Marks for the added durability. Is there any way I can make a good Sin leveling build or am I going to have to stick to BD or SB based builds?

Assassin leveling specs generally don't work too well. For a soloing spec, you want 4tact and 8RS, then some AoE after that.

Since assassin doesn't have any AoE, you're forced to either gut your survivability by giving up one of those two souls, or use Planar Splash (and going that deep into RS will hurt your damage a lot). Or you can level without any AoE, but that'll slow you down a lot.

You can do it, just be aware that it's going to be a lot weaker than the alternatives.

Soulwalker

Thx for the quick response. I do want to end-game dungeon with a sin spec and I hear its a hard soul to learn. Do you suggest leveling with your bladedancer build and then just learning sin after I hit 60?

Yeah. Using a soul while leveling is arguably NOT a good way to learn it, because the rotations change so much when you get certain high-level abilities. There are a lot of places where you can pick up bad habits that you'll need to unlearn later on.

(Also, Assassin is not a good soul for dungeons. It's severely energy starved without raid buffs and lacks any AoE. It's more of a raiding build. There are a couple of dungeon bosses where Assassin does very well, but they tend to be the exception rather than the rule.)
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-09-2013 at 12:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread