+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heat retention questions

Soulwalker

Default Heat retention questions

HI I have 2 questions about heat retention

1: Does it's finisher increase effect increase Scourge of darkness too?

2: How should I deal when Im missing 1 charge for the 30 % effect but I have 5 combo points ? this happens too much easily on pvp for me since i'm playing NB/RS and I have the 2 offensive blinks , all openers , and dusk to dawn , that put 2 combo points on the target , and I Was wondering if it's better to waste a combo point and try to use all finishers with 5 stacks always , or just use finisher as soon as I get 5 cps , wasting heat retention charges since I will have 4/5 during all the building of the next finisher..

1. Yes and you should prioritize getting 5 HR stacks for Scourge of Darkness.

2. Unless it's SoD, there is no need to go for the full 5 stacks per finisher.

Soulwalker

great , thanks for your answers , one more about scourge of darkness tho

if sod is meant to have heat retention for doing way higher damage in general , does this mean SOD does snapshot all your current boosts when you use it and not get weaker when you lose them?

For example my SoD hits for 1000 each hit , if I used SoD after heat retention 5 stacks ( 30 %) , Stalker phase buff (15 %) and dark malady ( 20 %) ( I know it will probably not be additive but it's just for the sake of explaining) , would the SoD I use hit for 1000 + 65 % = 1650 each hit even when any of the buffs expire?

As it's not a traditional DoT, if you gain or lose damage bonuses, the damage changes during accordingly.

Ascendant

I think it is because SoD is counted as a debuff rather than a regular DoT.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    I think it is because SoD is counted as a debuff rather than a regular DoT.
    TO add onto this part here.
    Debuffs are always checked against whatever ability that you use next.
    A mage using Piercing Beam for example, will not retain the 11% damage buff while channeling TW if piercing beam falls off mid channel.

+ Reply to Thread